Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomguy-1993

What do you want for DLC?

I know it has already been said in (I think) a different thread, but a survival mode would be cool. Either solo or coop, using the multiplayer maps from Eternal and 2016 (it would be an excuse to bring them back, because honestly, I really like those maps, and I would like to play them without playing 2016 deathmatch), and make good use of any new skins for monsters they create, or new enemies that may be released in the DLC campaign levels. Hell, they can even implement the new enemies ideas already said in this thread. And a separate Ironman mode for survival, where you start with base Doomslayer and earn upgrades you get in the main campaign, similar to Shadow Warrior 2013's survival.

Also, the slayer gates were fun, but they were specific sections in the maps that you have to play to get to. It would be cool to access them seperately after completing them, like adding them to a map select mechanism in game for the ripatorium, making some actual use out of THAT as well.

Finally, challenge maps akin to the challenge maps from the Batman: Arkham series, remixing individual battles and arenas from both Eternal and 2016. I know the Master levels already do that, but sometimes I just want to play a specific section, not the entire level.

we would like to see DOOM Eternal map editor (something similar to SnapMap in DOOM 2016)

I'd be curious to play a mission at the Blood Swamps location. I envision a boggy, bloody, sprawl of a level. 

I agree with id.dav here and I would like to see more complex level design like Foundry and Argent Facility from 2016 but with all three keys. The best level in terms of complexity in Eternal is Super Gore Nest, which is fine I guess. The problem with this one is that, although the layout of the level is extremely non linear, it forces you to collect the keys in a specific order which kinda breaks the complexity and exploration. Also, the paths of levels which have a bit more complexity tend to loop in on themselves. I understand that this is a trick they used to remove backtracking which is sometimes redundant, but a bit of backtracking at times won't hurt. It bothered me most when the path where I found the key was leading me straight to the door where I had to use the key. There are even cases where the keys are placed right next to the door you have to use. What is the point of keys then in levels designed this way? I would like to see complexity, exploration and purpose of keys improved in the DLC.

One of my favorite levels in Eternal was Urdak. I loved the platforming, the art, the ambient soundtrack, it is really excellent. The thing that made me most happy in this level was that there is a Y shaped path which gives you freedom to choose in which order you wish to visit the left and right path. There was a similar situation in Necropolis level in 2016, where there was a Y shaped path but they didn't give you choice. They made the level linear were they didn't need to and I'm glad they fixed this here. Good work id.

I would also like to see more levels like Exultia and Taras Nabad where music fits the environment perfectly. I loved how the heavy combat music turns into ambient when the fight is over in these levels, it is perfect. Also more of harder secrets like in Taras Nabad and do not cut the Marauder, swimming, platforming and toxic slime with rad suit, it is really great. And keep storytelling as is, environmental, optional and minimal.

Maybe some enemies that can affect the movement or make the player focus more on movement/mobility.

Like, vaccum/black hole abilities, tornado/spinning abilities, levitation, even some slow-down slimes... or an homage to Heretic's Iron Lich in terms of gameplay.

It'd require some balance and execution but with the focus on empowering the player, i feel like enemies could get a little bit of crazy stuff too.

1 hour ago, Murdoch said:

More Hebeth or similar.

I want more levels that come off like "here's like two or more different themes and aesthetics related to specific places but merged" to fit the idea of reality bending.

Could work for abstract levels with specific gameplay ideas like gravity bending/shitfing levels and non euclidean geometry.

Could even work as an homage to classic Doom levels feeling like they're different themes/materials combined.

I remember someone making an image about Doom's "mixed" aesthetic and it's somewhat related to this.

1503619390194.png

Edited by whatup876 : adding more

i want an option to remove the stupid mechanics that make demon give you health when they die and have my medikit back, placed on the right spot

also more traps, better secrets not with retarded disc but useful one with ammo, plenty of ammo and very low amount of health in general

Edited by Amph

4 hours ago, Amph said:

i want and option to remove the stupid mechanics that make demon give you health when they die and have my medikit back, placed on the right spot

So you want a completely different game all together. No DLC can fix that. I guess you also want a Resident Evil game with no zombies...

Removing glory kills will mess with the balance of the game. Sorry to tell you but Doom Eternal is not a clone of Doom 1 and 2 .

4 hours ago, Amph said:

better secrets not with retarded disc

I couldnt take this seriously. Wtf 

GZDoom and HD texture packs are readily available though if you want non retarded(i feel childish just typing this word) secrets.

Edited by jazzmaster9

I want the Red classic marine skin without buying the new Doom 3 rerelease, especially since I just bought BFG edition on steam last year, and they're both cut down from the original despite the remastering.

11 hours ago, jazzmaster9 said:

So you want a completely different game all together. No DLC can fix that. I guess you also want a Resident Evil game with no zombies...

Removing glory kills will mess with the balance of the game. Sorry to tell you but Doom Eternal is not a clone of Doom 1 and 2 .

I couldnt take this seriously. Wtf 

GZDoom and HD texture packs are readily available though if you want non retarded(i feel childish just typing this word) secrets.

yeah i just want doom 2 with 2020 graphics, and some new monster from eternal that i liked, like the serpent and carcass, these were nice additions, i also like that you can climb wall, this could be another nice addition

i want more tanky slow demon not everyone that jump around like a monkey, i don't like the quake 3 arena gameplay, flippering game don't belong here

3 hours ago, Amph said:

yeah i just want doom 2 with 2020 graphics, and some new monster from eternal that i liked, like the serpent and carcass, these were nice additions, i also like that you can climb wall, this could be another nice addition

There are HD texture packs available for GZDoom, so thank me in advance.

sorry you can't accept drastic changes in gameplay and just want the same game for the last 25 years

3 hours ago, Amph said:

i don't like the quake 3 arena gameplay, flippering game don't belong here

Says who? Sorry but you're not the authority on what belongs or not.

what you like or don't like is irrelevant on what belongs or not. sorry to tell you

1 hour ago, jazzmaster9 said:

sorry you can't accept drastic changes in gameplay and just want the same game for the last 25 years

what you like or don't like is irrelevant on what belongs or not. sorry to tell you

Besides, I always got the impression the people yearning for more classic Doom kind of just don't get the nature of id Software either.

id have always been innovators in the industry, be that through technology, actual great games, or a combination of both, and moving things ever forward. They're not the kind of developer interested in rehashing the old ad infinitum, and it's pointless to expect them to do so. They never will, you're gonna have to find a different studio if you want more of the same but in a more refreshing form.

Or play mods. Lots of them. They're not going away anytime soon.

Edited by seed

I have a feeling they should be playing Call of Duty since they want the same thing over and over for 20+ years.

5 hours ago, jazzmaster9 said:

hd texture is nothing like doom eternal graphics lol

well yes opinions are irrelevant i'm just responding to the topic and since i can't be satisfied i just go back and play  doom 2 again and again, never get tired of it really as long as there are new megawad i can play it for eternity...

11 minutes ago, Amph said:

hd texture is nothing like doom eternal graphics lol

But it does have the same 20 year old gameplay you want with flashy graphics since thats what you wanted from Doom Eternal.

Doom 3 and new Doom demons maybe??? 

Erebus from Doom Eternal art, more bosses and brand new demons. 

Edited by Gerardo194

Pistol start mode (Or I guess, Shotgun startup now that the pistol is gone). It would be like classic Doom where when you die, you restart the level with just the shotgun (You would keep all your upgrade though). Weapons would be scattered around the levels. This could lead to some cool level design where say, you find the chaingun at the beginning of a level, but you don't get the heavy cannon until much later in the level. I have no idea how ID could implement something like this though.

Famine cheat code available at the beginning of the game.

2 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

Doom 3 and new Doom demons maybe??? 

The Maledict would be a great Super Heavy Demon that would fulfill the niche of a flying mini-boss enemy, since the toughest flying enemy so far is just the Pain Elemental.

31 minutes ago, AtimZarr1 said:

The Maledict would be a great Super Heavy Demon that would fulfill the niche of a flying mini-boss enemy, since the toughest flying enemy so far is just the Pain Elemental.

So basically a flying Doom Hunter? Or Urdak forbid, a flying Marauder?

I once imagined a flying cybernetic demon being something taken from a plane or helicopter.

Like plane wings or something for its flight.

I thought Doom Hunters were already flying on their own, even if it's just floating/hovering.

Makes me wonder why they didn't use a design with tank wheels which could have made a bit more difference in how it moves between phases.

On 5/23/2020 at 10:50 PM, RomDump said:

Pistol start mode (Or I guess, Shotgun startup now that the pistol is gone). It would be like classic Doom where when you die, you restart the level with just the shotgun (You would keep all your upgrade though). Weapons would be scattered around the levels. This could lead to some cool level design where say, you find the chaingun at the beginning of a level, but you don't get the heavy cannon until much later in the level. I have no idea how ID could implement something like this though.

Famine cheat code available at the beginning of the game.

They could use the cut pistol for a pistol start mode, even if it gets automatically replaced with a heavy cannon or shottie.

That could make the Master Levels more interesting, along with altering level geometry/design a bit.

EDIT: i wonder if enemies could get new attacks or new designs, even if it's just small alterations, for the sake of variety.

Edited by whatup876 : adding more

I would love more creepy UAC stuff included too. One of the cool things about Doom (2016) was the creepy backstory surrounding the organization and their exploration into hell, what the found, and how they were slowly corrupted. Give us more of that!

Any news about the upcoming DLCs? I finished the campaign for the third time now and I'm looking for something new :-(

2 hours ago, igg said:

Any news about the upcoming DLCs? I finished the campaign for the third time now and I'm looking for something new :-(

Besides the screenshots and updated description on Steam, nothing else. We still don't know when the Exultia Master Level will drop either. Considering June was supposed to be E3, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a trailer drop later this month.

I'd like to be able to buy the event cosmetics for a fair price if i missed out on them, i mean will i play this same campaign and multiplayer mode over and over weekly for the next two years? Yet missing out on them forever if i come back later is a bit sad especially if i players with them invading my campaign.

Edited by Deimos

Slayers Club seems to have died, since Week 4 has been going on in Eternal for a while and no event was published in the Club. Probably due to the happenings+corona.