Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sergeirocks100

Satanic Infestation Open IWAD Project (CURRENT VERSION v0.0.5)

On 4/17/2020 at 7:11 PM, sergeirocks100 said:

again, it looks amazing, thanks for choosing to contribute your work to this project, i will be sure to add them in once either i or someone else can draw some hands in, i've already added your plasma gun to the project, and it will be in v0.0.3

Thanks! I'm going to begin working on the pistol today. Will post again once it's finished.

i was thinking for a little while about how i was going to do the enemy sprites, considering that i'm not very good at hand drawing sprites, because i can't do that very well with a mouse, it was a choice between either modeling them from clay or 3d models, clay models would dry out, i don't own any clay modeling tools, and the cost of all the clay i would need to buy to make all the models would add up quick, concerning 3d modeling, i have some experience using Misfit Model 3D, it wouldn't cost anything at all to make 3d models, and when i am far enough along in the project to start making the GZDoom version, i will have 3d models for all the enemies already, so i have decided to go ahead and make the enemy sprites with 3d models, i'm not very experienced with making 3d models, but i'm sure i will catch up before long

History seems to be repeating itself, The Original Beta of Freedoom used 3d modeled stuff as sprites, how fitting that a bootleg would do the same.

3d rendered sprite:

BOSSA1.png

2 minutes ago, Morpheus666 said:

History seems to be repeating itself, The Original Beta of Freedoom used 3d modeled stuff as sprites, how fitting that a bootleg would do the same.

It's almost as if using models is a good method for making sprites, stop the presses 

6 minutes ago, Marn said:

It's almost as if using models is a good method for making sprites, stop the presses 

You know, you seem to love to jump at everyone's throats no matter what the context, It's as if you enjoy starting shit.

You and me already had a scrap before i'm not getting into it with you again.

Edited by Morpheus666

nothings wrong with them, they just have a weird glossy look to them if not rendered the proper way, or they look out of place if they are too high quality for the pixel styles of Vanilla doom

look at how the Snakeman beta was in my previous post: it looks like plastic: Not what you want them to look like.

5 hours ago, Morpheus666 said:

3d rendered sprite:

BOSSA1.png

It's not as bad if there were visual consistency achieved. You can make the whole game have that kind of artistic style.

Just because you put some detail in your map doesn't mean it's automatically better or even prettier, make a good layout, not just basic rooms. Your Doom 2 rip-off maps looked better than this. You know why? Because they had interesting geometry going on; the bridge in MAP03 and the crusher windows in MAP04

for anybody who wants to submit maps to the project, i encourage you to avoid using any Freedoom exclusive textures when making them, because i plan on getting rid of them all further along in the project, and it wouldn't be good if there were maps with missing textures in the project after i did this, so please don't use Freedoom exclusive textures in your map contributions

you can't build maps then delete the textures! it would ruin the entire mod, especially if someone made a room which had specific textures to help break up the map and you decided to make some other texture that doesn't work anymore with the textures.

Make the Resource wad FIRST THEN talk about making maps

I'd like to check it out but your DL link is broken or something.

31 minutes ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

I'd like to check it out but your DL link is broken or something.

you download it off of the github page, just go to the releases and download the latest one

Pistol sprites are complete. Once again, there are two muzzle flashes, yellow and red. I only made the top half of the pistol. All that needs to be done to complete it is to draw hands on a layer below it in GIMP or a similar piece of software. Even without hands, though, it still looks good, lol. I'm going to take a break from making sprites for a while, but later I would like to contribute a map or two.

PistolSpriteReplacement.zip

it looks amazing, again, thanks for contributing your art to the project, the pistol is a little bit too big, though, so i will have to scale the sprites down when i actually get to putting them in the project, but otherwise, it's a fine piece of work, i will be happy to accept any maps you make when they're ready

it's going to be a little while before v0.0.4 comes out, because i want to take a little time to make this update more polished, i might even go ahead and release 2 maps in one update, in the meantime, i will push all changes to github, so if you want new and improved content a little early, just download the DeuTex tree and compile it

i made a new wall texture, it's a replacement for the wall02_1 texture, it's one of the first textures i'm replacing because i don't like freedoom's wall02 textures and other textures where the notches at the top got replaced by riveted bands

Spoiler

wall02_1.png.65ce3f1d3c7368b464be7f3dc0ae6cf9.png

for v0.0.4, i have decided to convert all sounds to 11khz, both for consistency and to reduce stress on machines that may not be able to handle 22khz PCM

Looks great so far...

Spoiler

when you're high as fuck

You need to at least make the maps match vanilla maps in quality. I hope you're aware. These look like baby's first maps.

in chocolate doom, there is some tutti frutti in map05, on the suspended crate and the wall linedefs covering the monster teleport rooms, and i don't know why

Spoiler

Screenshot_103.png.8b60ed4c47829ac8f4c904907159babe.pngScreenshot_104.png.2e492e50d1c6da81e2a3fb2c9be07025.png

Usually that has to do with the texture offsets. Make sure they're (0,0) if you're getting tutti frutti issues.

i managed to fix the tutti frutti on the monster teleport room linedefs, i will probably have to get rid of the suspended crate, though, because there is simply no way i can keep the effect while also making it play well with vanilla doom

it seems as if i will have to get rid of the monster teleport rooms as well, because i can't seem to get rid of the tutti frutti on the linedefs that cover them, i got rid of the offsets on the entire room and there's still tutti frutti, i may just go ahead and have the imps in some wall traps rather than have them teleport in

Can you send me the map in question? I'll see if I can't fix these issues for you and see what to do about it.