Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foebane72

Favourite sound effect?

For Doom 2016, it was always when the Mancubus was glory killed and the blubbering noise played.

For Doom Eternal, it's the sound that plays when you grab the Cacodemon's eye in the glory kill, before you pull it out. I've grown to really like that sound.

The sound of Hayden insisting you can't shoot a hole in Mars. The only thing that could possibly beat it is the sound of him admitting he was wrong, but he doesn't.

2 minutes ago, SiFi270 said:

The sound of Hayden insisting you can't shoot a hole in Mars. The only thing that could possibly beat it is the sound of him admitting he was wrong, but he doesn't.

The Doomslayer has always defied Hayden when it comes to doing what he's told, from smashing the monitor and lift control at the start of Doom 2016 to stamping on and breaking the Argent energy interfaces later on.

33 minutes ago, SiFi270 said:

The best tongue-in-cheek / self-aware humor in the game by a mile.  

What's next? favorite particle effect? favorite decal? oh I get it favorite menu button

Jokes aside the shotgun firing sound.

45 minutes ago, sluggard said:

What's next? favorite particle effect? favorite decal? oh I get it favorite menu button

Give it time dude, give it time

kinda ot but my least favorite sound is when you land from height. should be beefier. the impact compensation in 16 did a better job of conveying weight. 

The entire classic sounds pack is both awesome and hilarious. The sound you get when putting up the chaingun's shield with it is my favorite.

1 hour ago, GuyMcBrofist said:

The entire classic sounds pack is both awesome and hilarious. The sound you get when putting up the chaingun's shield with it is my favorite.

Or the constant UNF sounds when you jump.

49 minutes ago, User Name said:

The blood punch sound.

Which one? The one that happens when you actually do it, or the sound that plays when one is ready?

The sound of "You must hurry, for the 

Spoiler

Icon of Sin

Grows stronger the Longer it is on Earth" four times now in the same level. ;)

Sound of the blood punch and when taking out a Cacodemon's eyeball :D .

I've only recently seen headshots in Doom Eternal, but that POP sound is so cringey!

However, I do love the squealing noises the tentacles make when you shoot them.

One of my favorites:

"I thought you would appreciate the sentry I chose.  The great Aggadon hunters from the Telos Realm, though long thought to be extinct, created to hunt only the Slayer and his Night Sentinels during the Unholy Crusades.  Some improvements on their design have been made.  Enjoy what is undoubtedly my finest work."
- Deag Ranak

(Emphasis added by me.)