Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
D4NUK1

You would like a new IP game done by nuIdsoftware?

Hi!

It's seems this it's a nice topic to be here after a week of the game release.

In my opinion, and the media opinion in general, Doom Eternal it's a Success, expanding with Gameplay, Story, and iD Tech going for optimization instead of super simulation (Talking more like if Doom 3 and Rage, that was game that was made for show the engine, instead of focus hyper action stuff)

So, with the new guys at iD software taking a hit with the old Doom IP two times, you as a iD fan would like a new game (No Quake Reboot, no Rage 3, not Wolf 3) but instead a new and original take, on the gameplay ideas that can have.

And how you feel if that new IP was better than nuDOOM?

I would love for them to try a new IP. I would also like whatever it is to stick to their naming scheme of a single one syllable word. As far as what it would be? I have no idea.

4 minutes ago, Phobos Anomaly said:

I would love for them to try a new IP. I would also like whatever it is to stick to their naming scheme of a single one syllable word. As far as what it would be? I have no idea.

GAME

Yes, it should be called BOOM, it's a sidescroller beat'em up where you play as a cranky boomer beating the shit out of millennials and zoomers with his cane.

Maybe something in the vein of earlier id Software, part-angsty part-tongue-in-cheek, would be nice. A third-person action-adventure would be nice, if I could choose a genre.

Or maybe even a new Hovertank/Catacombs game (yes, I know they don't hold the current IP for those two series now, but a man can dream)!

I would like them to buy the Heretic name off and give us a sequel to this forgotten game. Heretic and Heretic 2 we're great games to me. :( But, Raven are too busy developing CoD stuff to even consider such an idea.

2 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

For a second I was wondering who “nuld software” is

Haha, sorry, just my intepretation for the people that say nuDoom

2 minutes ago, Marn said:

Give us a proper Commander Keen game pls

There is fan sequels floating around if you crave for more classic Keen.

I also like the idea of a third person game, an adventure game, I'd like to see their engine work on that.

Of course if it isn't named GAME then I'm not going to buy it.

Just bring back Quake already. Its been 24 years since the last entry in the story of Quake 1.

And no, Quake Champions doesnt count. Although I do like its world-weary characterization of Ranger.

Defenely, new IP is that I need. Or new Quake without these modern idiotic shit from QC.

Meh, I'm fine without a new IP tbh.

But that being said... I would absolutely love a new, proper, single-player focused Quake game to reboot the original. One does not simply have enough Lovecraftian shooters in their life.

Considering id Softwares last Quake game was released in the 90s, I think it's likely they'll work on a new game in the Quake franchise. Because Quake 2 already had its successor I guess they will continue or reboot the original Quake. This would also match id Softwares current fast gameplay approach. 

On the other side the new Doom franchise is selling really good. Thus I expect them to work on Doom 3, as long as their creative minds don't have a perfect idea for a new Quake game or a totally IP.

7 minutes ago, igg said:

On the other side the new Doom franchise is selling really good. Thus I expect them to work on Doom 3, as long as their creative minds don't have a perfect idea for a new Quake game or a totally IP.

I am fairly sure they don't want to milk the franchise though. Kinda reminds me of what Rockstar said a while after GTA V came out - "It will come in due time, but we think there's enough developers milking their franchises out there already".

Thus, after the singleplayer DLCs, I doubt we're getting more Doom for the next 5 years or so. No doubt they'll want to expand in new directions and focus on other things than just Doom, Wolfenstein, and maybe even Quake but I'd really love a Quake 1 reboot tbh.

The story all but suggests a sequel to DE and a final piece in the trilogy. Not sure what comes after that. Maybe an in-house quake? Theyve been outsourcing that for a while now and it sucks