Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kist

Doomworld App for Mobile

Now this may already be a question that has already been taken into consideration, but has anyone thought of making a Doomworld app?

57 minutes ago, kist said:

Now this may already be a question that has already been taken into consideration, but has anyone thought of making a Doomworld app?

The current website works pretty well on mobile - Enough to make full fledged posts, thanks to the editor. It does require some zooming though, but nothing that is really slowing one down.

Only difference i've noticed is that quote blocks can't be deleted like you can on desktop.

The benefit for a native site would obviously be improved readability and QoL - But i doubt there is any developer resources available.

42 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

Only difference i've noticed is that quote blocks can't be deleted like you can on desktop.

Tap the top left corner of the quote and then press the delete button.

The real problem with the mobile version is I can't type code blocks without manually typing them in BBcode. Nevermind, you have to rotate into landscape view. But I didn't see a way to do strikethrough so I had to type the tags manually.

Edited by Nevander

1 hour ago, Nevander said:

Tap the top left corner of the quote and then press the delete button.

That didn't work sadly. I found this aswell but for some reason the quote block remains. Ill try it again later.

35 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

There's an idgames archive port on Android if that's your thing.

Its absolutely lovely. Simple UI, allows good searching.

You can delete quote blocks on mobile by deleting up to the quote block or selecting the line after it, waiting a millisecond, then deleting again. You can tell you're about to delete a quote block when it is selected, or highlighted in blue.