Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Roby Lla

I need textures.....Please!!!!

Here's this in case you decide on using a random texture background:

Q1EX_1XX.png

eg, you can either crop it and place it on a different texture, or simply place it over a wall texture in your map.. 1 unit apart. ;)

You're welcome, good luck.

My idea for one texture was a parody of the commander keen 1 title screen based of the myth of spispqd

15 minutes ago, Roby Lla said:

does anyone here remember spispqd?

Do you mean spispopd (Smashing Pumpkins Into Small Piles Of Putrid Debris)?

1 minute ago, phoo said:

Do you mean spispopd (Smashing Pumpkins Into Small Piles Of Putrid Debris)?

yes and no, when the first doom game was released there was a rumor about a commander keen sequel named spispqd,but it was an inside joke at id. The game you are talking about was a parody made by a fan of doom.

Just now, Roby Lla said:

yes and no, when the first doom game was released there was a rumor about a commander keen sequel named spispqd,but it was an inside joke at id. The game you are talking about was a parody made by a fan of doom.

Ah, I see

The premise of this thread seems awfully similar to this thread of yesterday.

4 hours ago, Roby Lla said:

I am making a doom wad and my goal is using custom textures only.I need some quake 1 like textures and some others.Thx

Okay, great that you want to make something new!

• Do you have any prior experience with Doom?
  • Are you aware of programs like SLADE/Whacked/Ultimate Doom Builder/Doom Builder X and you know what they do?

I need custom weapons and monsters too.Please don't send Realm 667's links

It is difficult to determine what you need if we can't establish your skillset.

Word of friendly advice: Please do not postulate your wishes as a demand but as a requestThe above is more of a demand (You need custom weapons and monsters and oh, please don't send R667 links.)

Thx but I need something more interesting

What can be more interesting than Parallel Doomensions?

Perhaps the Invasion resources are worth a look. Please ask @Jimmy in advance if you may use these for usage outside that project, however!

3 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

No mention of OTEX? Surprising.

Hey! I am doing my part on R667! ;)

Edited by Redneckerz

You could just photograph your hand and edit it doomified way, heh. 

26 minutes ago, Roby Lla said:

I can't because my arm is tiny

Ask your dad or brother then, lol

On mercredi 1 avril 2020 at 3:19 PM, Roby Lla said:

I need some quake 1 like textures and some others.Thx

On mercredi 1 avril 2020 at 3:22 PM, Roby Lla said:

Please don't send Realm 667's links

I regret to inform you that you cannot, actually, use any Quake 1 textures; and here's why.

On 4/11/2020 at 10:26 AM, Roby Lla said:

I need someone to remake this music because I'd like to use it in my wad:

1) Where are your manners? "I NEED SOMEONE"... No. Perhaps use a "please", a "thank you", and make your request in a less demanding format. Nobody in their right mind would humour that request in the way it's written now.

2) I've heard this midi in several wads before, even notable ones such as Ultimate Simplicity, so feel free to use it if you credit it's original source.

3) If you're not happy with #2, try learning the skills needed to do the task yourself. If that's a no-go for you, spend some time looking through various sources for similar midis. We have so many talented musicians in this community who'd composed hundreds / thousands of pieces of music for free usage within doom wads, many of which will likely fit the vibe you're going for.

Sorry for my rude attitude, I didn't want to be rude but when I created this topic I was a little nervous.

Perhaps if you feel the need to make a mod that changes everything, maybe try to make some texture/sprite edits of your own? And maybe do some very basic decorate editing with slade 3? I use paint.net for my texture edits which is very very free and takes like 2 minutes to install. This might be a great way to start multiple skills that will come in handy later. 

If you dont wanna take that route. OTEX is a fantastic resource. Ill throw something a little different out there with the weapons and enemies resource wads. Be careful though. These are quite old and some of the monsters dont work properly anymore. But everything is in ZDooM decorate so the fixes needed should be easy.

edit: after i typed this i kinda saw dragonflys post so yea sorry for repeating things

I am now working on a custom enemy, if someone would made a little free texture pack I would use or modify those textures, if i did that the original creator will be featured in the credits.

57 minutes ago, Roby Lla said:

I am now working on a custom enemy, if someone would made a little free texture pack I would use or modify those textures, if i did that the original creator will be featured in the credits.

What you are asking for are probably sprites, not textures.

You can find enemy sprites suitable for your needs in these following links.

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=15080

I've created a track for my game, here, take a listen:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aQ5MCCDMjtzD4ksYctv1kj_8ABLSHWqr