Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sufferer

how do i make a teleporter

Question

Hello I'm using DoomBuilder X and I can't figure out how to make a teleporter 

I also can't figure out how to make a skybox 

4 answers to this question

I am not using Doom Builder X, but I think this should still hold regardless, since engine is the same. I am also assuming you map for regular doom.

To make a teleport you need to make linedefs with action 97. You must also give both the line and destination sector the same tag. The destination sector must have "teleport destination" thing placed in it to tell the game where exactly must player or monsters arrive. Finally, make sure the front of your line is facing the right direction, only those coming from the front will be teleported.

To make an open area, you should give your ceiling texture F_SKY.

11 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I am not using Doom Builder X, but I think this should still hold regardless, since engine is the same. I am also assuming you map for regular doom.

To make a teleport you need to make linedefs with action 97. You must also give both the line and destination sector the same tag. The destination sector must have "teleport destination" thing placed in it to tell the game where exactly must player or monsters arrive. Finally, make sure the front of your line is facing the right direction, only those coming from the front will be teleported.

To make an open area, you should give your ceiling texture F_SKY.

aright so the skybox worked but I still can't get the teleporter working since for some reason there is no Action 97

I forgot to add that I'm using doom in Hexen format 

In Doom in hexen format the action number is 70.

The action will activate when the player will cross the front side of the lindedef, so be sure to set it correctly.

You can both use a sector or a teleport destination as an arrival point. If you plan to use a sector as a destination, place a teleport destination inside it, and tag the sector. Then, place the same tag in the "teleport sector tag" section of the action. The actor will teleport in the same spot of the teleport destination in the tagged sector.

If you plan to use a specific teleport destination as the arrival point (for example if you want to place more than one teleport destination in the same sector) you can actually tag the teleport destination itself and then place the same tag in the "teleport destination tag" section of the action.

Also, remember to select the correct trigger for your line. If your plan is to create a classic simple teleport, you have to set the trigger to "player walks over" and you may also want to use the "repeatable action" tag.

On 4/1/2020 at 7:07 PM, Simomarchi said:

In Doom in hexen format the action number is 70.

The action will activate when the player will cross the front side of the lindedef, so be sure to set it correctly.

You can both use a sector or a teleport destination as an arrival point. If you plan to use a sector as a destination, place a teleport destination inside it, and tag the sector. Then, place the same tag in the "teleport sector tag" section of the action. The actor will teleport in the same spot of the teleport destination in the tagged sector.

If you plan to use a specific teleport destination as the arrival point (for example if you want to place more than one teleport destination in the same sector) you can actually tag the teleport destination itself and then place the same tag in the "teleport destination tag" section of the action.

Also, remember to select the correct trigger for your line. If your plan is to create a classic simple teleport, you have to set the trigger to "player walks over" and you may also want to use the "repeatable action" tag.

Thanks, it's working now