Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dirty Harry

Help with Doom Big Box Images

Hello guys.In my country is very hard to find original PC boxes from old games like Doom.Actually i make game repro boxes as a hobby and my next project is to make the box for the 2001 Doom Collector's Edition. Unfortunately I'm not able to find good resolution images of the box and i need help from the friends here on the forum.If someone owns the box and can post here images in a good resolution of the scenarios below,i would also appreciate it.If nobody has the box,it would help me if someone could identify the name of the scenarios that are printed on the back of the box. Thank you in advance guys.

320558-doom-collector-s-edition-windows-back-cover.jpg

27621-doom-collector-s-edition-windows-front-cover.jpg

I have this box. I can try to get scans for you.

I'm not sure where the left screenshot is, but the middle is from Industrial Zone and the right looks like Well of Souls.

3 hours ago, Dirty Harry said:

Actually i make game repro boxes as a hobby

I'd be curious to see some pictures of the previous boxes you've made.

1 hour ago, fraggle said:

20191019_144711-1.jpg

A21.png

Edited by Dirty Harry

Unfortunately I only have the little plastic keep case, not the cardboard box.

The only scans I could find online that even attempted to come close to HD were the following ones - but not only are the front and back scans from different regions, but I'm 99% sure they're keep case scans as well. I wold love to see a quality scan of the big box at some point.

27621-doom-collector-s-edition-windows-front-cover.jpg.3f3f6635c72f60558783f346044d2411.jpg

320558-doom-collector-s-edition-windows-back-cover.jpg.904502ab1428450317c538a28b7784e8.jpg

Believe it or not, all the other scans that can be found are even blurrier.

6 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Unfortunately I only have the little plastic keep case, not the cardboard box.

The only scans I could find online that even attempted to come close to HD were the following ones - but not only are the front and back scans from different regions, but I'm 99% sure they're keep case scans as well. I wold love to see a quality scan of the big box 

Thank you for the effort.

Edited by Dirty Harry

11 hours ago, Nevander said:

I have this box. I can try to get scans for you.

I'm not sure where the left screenshot is, but the middle is from Industrial Zone and the right looks like Well of Souls.

Hi my friend.You don't need to scan the entire box.A well centered photo of the box screenshots from you cellphone is enough to me.Thank you in advance.

6 hours ago, Scuba Steve said:

Wow, very nice work. What material do you print them on?

I print the file on adesive paper and stick it over 300g carton paper.I don't know the name in US but in my country it's called supreme paper.Next i apply two or three coats of shiny varnish to seal the thing.

11 hours ago, Lila Feuer said:

Screenshots are E4M6 of Ultimate Doom, MAP15 of Doom II and MAP02 of Plutonia.

Thank you,my friend.

What resolution are these scans? I know I'm looking at a low resolution photograph of them, but they seem really sharp.

1 hour ago, Scuba Steve said:

What resolution are these scans? I know I'm looking at a low resolution photograph of them, but they seem really sharp.

300DPI.There's a lot of Photoshop work on them.

20 hours ago, fraggle said:

Me too! Steam is awesome, but I think that there is something about games on CD/DVD.

I have the box but no way to scan it, so I can't get clear high-resolution images of it.  There are a few creases near the corners, and a small scuff/dent on the cover (on a black space near the bottom right) from where I removed a large price sticker.  There are white scuffs on the back near the top where the original tape seal was (I got a pre-owned/opened copy).

The screenshots on the back of the box and the colored DOOM logo depicted on all sides of the box except the bottom have a special glossy coating, which makes them stand out both visually and tactilely on the physical box (this effect is hard to see in photos).  The rest of the box has a matte finish.

Edited by TheUltimateDoomer666

One of these screenshots is also present on Steam I believe - if that's what you were looking for. These seem to be official screenshots from idsoftware.com according to mobygames.

It seems to be in the original resolution with a bit of overscan.

This is Doom 2 map15 Industrial Zone, a stone structure to the left from the elevator where you start:

0000002380.jpg?t=1573831910

I don't recognize the 1st screenshot, it might be from The Ultimate Doom. Here's the mirror on mobygames:

1469772440-3982909761.jpg

The 3rd one is Plutonia Map02 Well of Souls, the starting zone after you lower the water level. I can't find this particular one anywhere.

19 minutes ago, gotsu said:

I don't recognize the 1st screenshot, it might be from The Ultimate Doom. Here's the mirror on mobygames:

it's a screenshot from the ultimate doom, in the map e4m6

22 hours ago, gotsu said:

One of these screenshots is also present on Steam I believe - if that's what you were looking for. These seem to be official screenshots from idsoftware.com according to mobygames.

It seems to be in the original resolution with a bit of overscan.

This is Doom 2 map15 Industrial Zone, a stone structure to the left from the elevator where you start:

0000002380.jpg?t=1573831910

The 3rd one is Plutonia Map02 Well of Souls, the starting zone after you lower the water level. I can't find this particular one anywhere.

Thank you for the effort my friend.

Hi, I know this thread has been dead for a long time, but I'm also in the same chase for the lost screenshots. I haven't been able to find all the screenshots that should go on the back side of the doom2 box (virgin floppy release), any ideas? (i'm missing the last three from the right column)doom2backscreenshot.png.132c6ab7cfcb3fda7eb2bb3c89cc0075.png3064_back.jpg.7f53ea09abe754b094d30cf9aeefa412.jpg

10 hours ago, marcushg85 said:

I haven't been able to find all the screenshots that should go on the back side of the doom2 box (virgin floppy release), any ideas? (i'm missing the last three from the right column)

Here's the last one:

dEswKZj.gif

No idea about the others.

3 hours ago, Andromeda said:

Here's the last one:

dEswKZj.gif

No idea about the others.

Yeah. That's one of them! Thanks a lot. Now only missing the one with the arachnotron and the other with the baron/hell knight :)