Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
taufan99

Doomworld's reactspheres: share your interpretation(s)!

I don't think of anything negative when I see them, I just rank them like this:

-Partial Invisibility: A post I kinda liked or I think it's pretty okay but it could be better.

-Soulsphere: A good post I liked but not really outstanding

-Invincibility: Hell of a good post, outstanding

-Megasphere: Amazing, epic, 420, and further beyond

Partial Invisibility: WTF is this crap

Soulsphere: Like this post

Megasphere: Like this post a lot

Invincibility: Love this post

From my perspective,

Soulsphere: An all around generic like.

Partial invisibility: I give this to clever and witty posts.

Invincibility: I generally award this to posts made by others whom I have lots of respect for.

Megasphere: If someone makes a post that I agree with 400%.

2 hours ago, InDOOMnesia said:

Soulsphere: something I like in general.

Partial invisibility: something that catches my attention, positive or negative.

Invincibility: something funny.

Megasphere: something that's awesome (and beyond it).

Exactly as I use it! For a while I used the megasphere and invuln interchangably, but that big dopey Lost Soul grin is a perfect "funny" reaction.

Soul = Like

Invis = I see what you did there.  Or something to do with seeing or not seeing or showing something.

Invinci = Sometimes used for a really good post.  Poster is invincible!  Or I'm invincible! Have used to laugh at a idiotic post or two directed at me.

Megasphere = Great post.

And otherwise using appropriate sphere for a post it seems to go with.

I used to use only the Soulsphere and Megashere, but thanks to what I've seen in this topic I think I know what to do with the other two now.

There are some people who don't care about the different spheres. They always use the soulsphere because it requires a simple double click.

30 minutes ago, Good-Old said:

I used to use only the Soulsphere and Megashere, but thanks to what I've seen in this topic I think I know what to do with the other two now.

There are some people who don't care about the different spheres. They always use the soulsphere because it requires a simple double click.

I am in this category. So here's my ranking:

Invulnerability = Like
Invisibility = Like
Mega sphere = Like
Soul Sphere = Like and easiest to click.

Soulsphere: Awesome!/Agree/lolfunny/etc.

Megasphere: Awesome!/Agree/lolfunny/etc.

Invul sphere: Awesome!/Agree/lolfunny/etc.

Blur sphere: Awesome!/Agree/lolfunny/etc.

In all fairness, I only ever use the default (soulsphere), so...

Soulsphere - Liked / agreed

Megasphere - AMEN BROTHER/SISTER, PREACH IT!

Invulnerability - For awesome (godly) mods/sprites/textures etc.

Invisibility - I don't use it

34 minutes ago, HorrorMovieGuy said:

Soulsphere - I like this

Megasphere - I love this

God sphere - Give this person a medal

Blur sphere - This is stupid/funny/silly

Ditto.

2 hours ago, HorrorMovieGuy said:

Soulsphere - I like this

Megasphere - I love this

God sphere - Give this person a medal

Blur sphere - This is stupid/funny/silly

Same here as well.

I like to imagine that I'm actually giving the poster a sphere as if they were playing in classic Doom. I generally treat the Soulsphere and the Megasphere as a like and a big like respectively, and for the Invulnerability and Blur spheres I occasionally give out if I somehow feel they would be more appropriate.

Soulsphere: Like

Megasphere/Invincibility: Extra like

Blursphere: Negative reaction/disagreement (I never bother with this one personally. I'd rather just not react to the post at all.)

I always give invuln spheres because I respect the people here too much to assume that they cannot find at least a stimpack or some health bonuses themselves.

Some people say it with flowers, I say it with thirty seconds of God Mode.

I don't use them much overall, but I go with thematic connections. invis for "I've seen this post (and don't have anything to say in reply, so just putting a like mark instead)", mega for "really great post", this kind of things. Or just soulsphere because it's the default.

1 hour ago, rdwpa said:

Soulsphere: Like

I was like you once, but I gave in to indulgence..

They're all the same to me. I use the Soulsphere, because I like the way it looks.

Partial Invisibility - "Man this sucks"

Soulsphere - "Ehh it's okay I guess..."

Megasphere - "Me likeys :D"

Invulnerability - "I L O V E I T"

Though generally I just like any post with an invuln sphere. :P

Also I noticed every post here has at least 1 like. XD

Guest Unregistered account

The Partial Invisibility is the most visually appealing to me so I usually use it on posts with creative stuff in them, like art or map WIPs

Soulsphere: A general "like"
Megasphere: A particularly excellent post, with a lot of effort put into it (typically reserved for things like essays, technical explanations etc.)
Invisibility: Hilariously stupid posts. (As in, the poster would presumably want to turn "invisible" out of shame.)
Invincibility: Posts which are, for whatever reason, historically important... but it wouldn't be proper to "like" them. For example, the announcement of a prominent community member's death.

Reading the differing opinion of various people regarding the reactions, more specifically, the invisibility sphere, I can't help but wonder if someone at some point made a post about something; someone else saw that post and went, "lol wtf. This shit is stupid" and hit the invisibility sphere to show that they had a negative opinion on the post but the guy who posted it, treated all the spheres as likes, took one long at the amount of invisibility spheres he got on it and went, "WOW! This post is super duper popular. The community loves it." 

3 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

I will now make it my mission to make sure that every post on this thread has at minimum 1 like.

17 hours ago, Zulk RS said:

Reading the differing opinion of various people regarding the reactions, more specifically, the invisibility sphere, I can't help but wonder if someone at some point made a post about something; someone else saw that post and went, "lol wtf. This shit is stupid" and hit the invisibility sphere to show that they had a negative opinion on the post but the guy who posted it, treated all the spheres as likes, took one long at the amount of invisibility spheres he got on it and went, "WOW! This post is super duper popular. The community loves it." 

Must be quite a cultural shock, I guess. 🤣

21 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Actually, all of them have two.

Edited by Good-Old : DynamiteKaitorn did the work.