Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chipper35

Pardon me while I Fanboy all over the place!

Was playing 'Hellbound' mega wad earlier this evening and was thinking to myself: 'Geez.....GZDoom is so great!!'

What if I told you that this megawad can run on Chocolate Doom? No, even better, with all the right tools, you can play this on DOSBOX.

If you get Doom2plus, a version of Doom2.exe with greatly increased visplane limits and such, you probably could run it in DosBox...

Also I agree with GZDoom being great!

7 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

If you get Doom2plus, a version of Doom2.exe with greatly increased visplane limits and such, you probably could run it in DosBox...

You can also download BOOM for DOS on IDGAMES.

5 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Whilst on that topic, i heavily hope these get more use. The concept of staying fully vanilla but raising just the base parameters should make up for an interesting basis to make new quasi-vanilla WADS. I know of only a few mapsets that actively require DoomP/Doom2P for that reason.

One reason for the lack of visibility might be in its inclusion to /idgames. Because it relies on the existing executables, one would need to use the shareware EXE's to distribute these on /idgames (As full versions obviously are a no go). I believe this is how Alpha Accident: Terra Nova does this aswell as the upcoming Gods & Guardians.

So shareware Doom + DoomP/Doom2P and with DeHackEd could be a good inspiration for new and exciting mapsets, whilst staying within purist parameters of also being able to run in DOS.

9 hours ago, YeOldeFellerNoob said:

What if I told you that this megawad can run on Chocolate Doom? No, even better, with all the right tools, you can play this on DOSBOX.

It's actually limit-removing, so the most minimum port you'll need is Crispy Doom. 

image.png.fdeedb305a8cc9b04973c2c729345141.png

never played this wad before. read about it but skipped it. DLed the hell out of it now though. i just got hit by the hype train.

Yeah it's a great wad. one of my all time favorites, actually even though I'm a slaughter buff.