Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clippy

Help me remember a doom or gaming term

Oh man sometimes my memory don't work no good but

Isn't there a term for like after you finish the level or a map and when you go back to like try to collect extra ammo for the next level

That's scavenging for ammo after you've killed everybody what is the term for

Kneeding?

Or some thing

Help me out I get really mad when I don't remember words

I don't know if there's an actual word for it, but I'd just call it scavenging, or preparing for next map, or getting maxed out.

4 minutes ago, Nevander said:

I don't know if there's an actual word for it, but I'd just call it scavenging, or preparing for next map, or getting maxed out.

There's definitely a word bro I heard it before

I desperately want to add it to my vernacular

Yeah... what is that darn term? I recall the same term is used for people that go back to the grocery store and load up on TP...

1 hour ago, PumPumPurumPumPuuu said:

farming, backtracking, prepping?

You got it right with backtracking I think.

39 minutes ago, noisebloom said:

Yeah... what is that darn term? I recall the same term is used for people that go back to the grocery store and load up on TP...

DOOMsday prepping?

"going back and getting stuff"

1 hour ago, noisebloom said:

Hoarding?

I call it item preservation, I mainly do it with extra berserks/soulspheres/megaspheres and blue armors that I'll try to keep around so as to be stocked up on the next map.

8 hours ago, Clippy said:

Isn't there a term for like after you finish the level or a map and when you go back to like try to collect extra ammo for the next level

Backtracking and stocking up.

In a 4X game it would be "harvesting" (assuming you grabbed the large items for immediate use, going back for the clips and 1% boosts). Tyson runners used to call it "collecting", though often meant as an insult, i.e. you weren't confident enough to keep pushing toward the exit with zero bullets.

Doing a "Where-the-hell-was-that-soul-sphere-I-deliberately-left-behind-after-I-killed-everything" when you forget where it was... :-)

1 hour ago, smeghammer said:

Doing a "Where-the-hell-was-that-soul-sphere-I-deliberately-left-behind-after-I-killed-everything" when you forget where it was... :-)

No seriously. It happens quite frequently to me. Like forgetting that there was actually a soulsphere in Map06 that I didn't pick up because I already picked up a Megashere few seconds ago.

Backtracking has been said, but perhaps: ''Revisiting''?

In MMO's this could also be ''grinding'' if you need to rank up and you need to do the same process over and over.

Stockpiling

Pillaging

Foraging

Vacuuming

Scarfing

Scraping

Shopping

I really have no idea.