Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted (edited)

This is the first Doom mod I've made.

It's mostly tweaks to the ammo, weapons, monsters.

Most of the art is borrowed from other mods.

Hope you enjoy.

* Made for GZDoom, but I guess any DECORATE compliant port will do

* No new maps, meant to make the enemies a little tougher

* Used the DOOM2 IWAD, so Doom2 and Freedom Phase2 would be a good base

* Added Doom Eternal sprites courtesy of XxcglezxX

*REMOVED*

Edited by 𝕲𝖗𝖊𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖌𝖊𝖗1 : mod update

Mostly seems to just be a sprite and sound effect swap. The armour bonus and health bonus sprites look cool and kinda fit doom a little bit (maybe some tweaking might be in order) and the secret sound effect is now the guitar wail from E1M1 (As a D_RUNNIN fan however this clashes in my brain into a pile of goo... owww .-.)

Not bad for a basic sprite swap map. Would be cool if maybe something else was added, say new enemies or weapons or... maps?

Your mod will take form day after day. We all need to begin somewhere. My very first mod (mostly 25 years ago) was to swap the doom face with mine and swapping sounds with my voice saying dumb things. It made my friends laugh and it's a good thing.

:D

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Not bad for a basic sprite swap map. Would be cool if maybe something else was added, say new enemies or weapons or... maps?

All the monsters were tweaked.

Also, try using the chainsaw and rocket launcher ;-)

I was thinking of creating new maps to highlight the changes but I don't have the energy.

I could make a few but it wouldn't be enough to really do what I would like.

Edited by 𝕲𝖗𝖊𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖌𝖊𝖗1

This may be because it's just a first try ... Create a scenario, or a world you would like to develop through your mod. Imagine the work behind the TC "Shrine" or "Adventures of square" or "war of Wholl Ball", but when you're developping some of your ideas, it's done flawlessly.

Keep the flame up ! :)

Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2020 at 3:27 AM, TontonMayonnaise said:

This may be because it's just a first try ... Create a scenario, or a world you would like to develop through your mod. Imagine the work behind the TC "Shrine" or "Adventures of square" or "war of Wholl Ball", but when you're developping some of your ideas, it's done flawlessly.

Keep the flame up ! :)

The only things I can think of that I would like to change/add are:

*Freedoom textures instead of regular Doom2 textures, I like their textures better

*Better looking archvile and revenant, I got Doom64 style arachnotrons and spider masterminds in there

*Doom3/4 weapon sprites, their behavior is good

*I would like to add a Doom Eternal style meathook on the SSG, that looks fun

*15 maps in 3 sections to fit the style of the mod, but time is a factor and I just don't have a lot of it to devote to mapping

*Lower the ammo capacities to encourage the player to use the chainsaw more but not to D:E's level

*An animated Doom2016 TITLEPIC, I may have a friend willing to do this for me tho

If anyone were to help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

7 hours ago, Clippy said:

How did u get ur name in a cool font

I used Windows Character Map and then pasted it into the Display field.

It wouldn't update initially so I accidentally appended a 1 to the name.

You can only change your display name once a year--I think once the year's up I'm going to switch it to a more normal font.

It's cool and all but it doesn't show up right in replies.