Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomguydude

Source-Port Suggestion

So, I was wondering yesterday if anyone made a Source-Port with Discord Rich Presence, My answer was No, I found one thing, but it didn't support it yet.

Therefore, I have a suggestion for a port:

Barrels O' Fun: The port

[Suggested Features]
Discord Rich Presence

Open-GL Supported

Models Support (Risen3D Style)

Controller Support

[Optional] Multiplayer

If someone can make this, or find a port with all these Features, Thank you.

-Doomguydude (DGD)

5 hours ago, Doomguydude said:

So, I was wondering yesterday if anyone made a Source-Port with Discord Rich Presence, My answer was No, I found one thing, but it didn't support it yet.

• What would that one thing be?
  • I didn't know what DRP was, but it is a module to interface your game (in this case, Doom) with Discord. Its also discontinued in favor of the Discord GameSDK.

I am not sure why you think:

• This needs to be in a source port
  • This outdated software needs to be in a source port

This is not something you typically integrate in a source port, but rather, in a launcher for one.

Therefore, I have a suggestion for a port:

Barrels O' Fun: The port

[Suggested Features]
Discord Rich Presence

Open-GL Supported

Models Support (Risen3D Style)

Controller Support

[Optional] Multiplayer

Most of these are already covered by existing ports. The one new thing you want, does not belong in a source port to begin with.

If someone can make this, or find a port with all these Features, Thank you.

-Doomguydude (DGD)

Creating and maintaining a port is no easy task, requiring understanding of the source code. I feel your request does not take this into account.

On 4/4/2020 at 8:20 AM, Redneckerz said:
  • What would that one thing be?
  • I didn't know what DRP was, but it is a module to interface your game (in this case, Doom) with Discord. Its also discontinued in favor of the Discord GameSDK.

I am not sure why you think:

• This needs to be in a source port
  • This outdated software needs to be in a source port

This is not something you typically integrate in a source port, but rather, in a launcher for one.

Most of these are already covered by existing ports. The one new thing you want, does not belong in a source port to begin with.

Creating and maintaining a port is no easy task, requiring understanding of the source code. I feel your request does not take this into account.

Well, understood, thanks anyhow

I'm not a lawyer, but this doesn't look to be compatible at all with the GPL that the Doom source code was released under and that practically all source ports are at least partly under.

Posted (edited)

Well, DOOM BFA Support  an open source wrapper library to for game APIs. The library have got recently updated in order to allow the usage of rich presence from the API.

Kind of resurrecting the Dead here but, the library I had mentioned (Open Platform) is now having a Discord game API implementation with main focus on rich presence. I just letting this here just FYI.