Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lost Soul

Memento Mori

Silverwyvern and I have been trying for a few days now to beat memento mori, and have been unseccessful thus far for a number of reasons. All due to the game crashing. We'd get to the baphomet, activate him, and the game crashes soon after. OR we activate baphomet, and find the Cyberdemon inside, and while fighting, the game crashes. And 5 min ago, we killed the cyberdemon, and couldn;t figure out how to kill the damned baphomet (launching rockets failed miserably) and the game CRASHES. This never happens on any other level. We are using ZDoom with this, and are curious. How do you kill it!?! Why is the game crashing!? Is it Baphomet's fault? or ZDooms?

Play it on vanilla.

And next time you play Memento Mori coop, INVITE ME DAMMIT!

I don't know the answer to your question, but this zip contains a cooperative demo on MM map30, so that should tell you how the gameplay is meant to go.

Might the problem be that you are using mlook to aim the rockets, rather than getting on the platform? IIRC, that would cause them not to reach the boss brain.

I think I played MM using Zdoom a couple of years ago, and don't remember any problems (i.e. bugs/crashes) with Map30. If you say which version of Zdoom you are using, it should help people to answer.

We were not using MLook, and we were using Zdoom 1.22. Whe we try a more recent version, the game seems to lock up at random anyway. And we would play it in vanilla Doom, but my WinXP OS forbids anything vanilla. I know for certain I got at least 15 rockets in the hole in baphomet where the cyberdemon was, and not so much as a noise of pain happened. Thought I think that after 15 rockets the damned thing would be dead. Do the rockests have to go in there or is there another way to do this?

Grazza: The download would not come to me no matter how I tried.

Play it with PRBoom - that's what I did and it works fine on my computer.

The Texas download site worked fine for me.

If you noclip into the area where the cyberdemon is, you will see that there is a little hole in the wall that the rockets need to go through - getting a rocket into the cyberdemon's alcove isn't enough on its own. Maybe the autoaim in Zdoom 1.22 was a little bit off - it would only need a tiny error in the angle for them to miss the hole. Source ports and icon maps don't always go together too well.

No, I don't know of an alternative way, but I'm no expert on this map.

we just tried to use the newest ZDoom, and it wouldn't even let us in the game. It got to the loading sequence, and then it gave us the "Tried to transmit to another node" message and locked up. wtf??
In the single plyer eyerything works fine....

Lost Soul said:

That might solve the crash problem, but does that solve the not being able to kill baphomet problem>?

Well, after I kill the cybie, I just continue to pump rockets at the hole - eventually, enough of them hit the right spot and ol' Baphie goes BOOOM.

In single player, on the newest ZDoom, I can kill him. In multiplayer, which we desire.. see above post. Is the ZDoom betas stable for multiplayer? what is all this, another node stuff? 1.22 never did this.

Lost Soul said:

In single player, on the newest ZDoom, I can kill him. In multiplayer, which we desire.. see above post. Is the ZDoom betas stable for multiplayer? what is all this, another node stuff? 1.22 never did this.

When you say "the newest ZDoom", do you mean 1.23 beta 33 or 2.0 pre-18?

I don't know much about Zdoom's multiplayer issues, but this thread suggests there are some. Anyway, the Zdoom forums would be a good place to look.

Please don't call the boss Baphomet again. It seems I'm going to have to make a huge website explaining this one day.

Lost Soul said:

Is that not what it is?

Not exactly, That is some interpretation whoever wrote the Final DOOM manual did (not one of the id guys.) It isn't called that in DOOM II. I guess calling it by the level name, or just "the DOOM II boss" is the answer. Beyond that it's just interpretation.

Not sure, but if it hasn't been reported at the zdoom forums you might like to post about it there, Randy Heit might be interested in making zdoom fully compatible with one of the more popular megawads if it doesn't get in the way of anything. Make sure you tried it with the latest version, though (which Grazza linked.)

I tried the latest version, and it actually crashed my computer, rather than actually going into the game.. I'm not sure why either. Once I went back down to 1.23 beta 33 it the game was fine..

myk said:

Please don't call the boss Baphomet again. It seems I'm going to have to make a huge website explaining this one day.

Before they changed it to the implike thing from the Doom poster (which I have in my room, actually) with the gameboy advance, and it came around to the Icon of Sin random header, the mouseover said Baphomet. That is, if I recall correctly... I'm pretty sure, at least.

Nanami, who are they and where is this you mention? Nonetheless it doesn't matter, what appears in a website (even id's) or something isn't going to be any more "authoritative" than what was written in that manual. It's the same posterior interpretation, like the interpretation an editor could do in respect to a poem, which is not something the author said or claimed.

myk said:

Nanami, who are they and where is this you mention? Nonetheless it doesn't matter, what appears in a website (even id's) or something isn't going to be any more "authoritative" than what was written in that manual. It's the same posterior interpretation, like the interpretation an editor could do in respect to a poem, which is not something the author said or claimed.

Doomworld.com

Where else can you see an imp thing holding a gameboy advance? =P

And I know it doesn't matter much, just thought I'd point it out.

Nanami said:

Doomworld.com

Where else can you see an imp thing holding a gameboy advance? =P

And I know it doesn't matter much, just thought I'd point it out.

That's a baron.

wtf? MM coop and no one told me? Invite me too you basrads! Yeah, and Archvile too. I still owe Will for fragging my ass off during my outrageous ping.... :P