Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FATAL-R-097

What was your first doom game?

Doom 3, I dont eve know what years was it, I was still learning how to read lol. Because of that same reason, Doom 3 left me scarred for life, Doom 3 was spooky back in the day. Still is, kinda.

Doom Shareware for me too, forget exactly when but it was likely close to the original release in 1993.

I distinctly remember someone had managed to sneakily install Doom Shareware onto the iMacs in our high school library back then.

I think my dad let me use the controller for PlayStation Doom back back when it first came out, though I don't recall playing it, only watching.

Otherwise, definitely Doom 3 back in 2004/2005. Which was also introduced to me by my dad.

First I played: TNT Evilution (Early 2000s)

First played while being old enough to have clear memories of playing it: Doom II (Around 2005-2006)

SNES Doom E1M1 back in 1995 before I got a PC. Would never forget this theme.

The 32X port, on Kega Fusion emulator. Later on, I moved to the SNES port, and the rest is history.

Brutal DooM: Hell on Earth Starter Pack somewhere in 2018, so DooM II I guess?

I remember back in 2012 or so I was playing games on an old hacked OG Xbox. One of the additions that I enjoyed the most was a derivative of the snes9x Super Nintendo emulator cleverly titled xsnes9x. Alongside it was a complete ROM collection for the system. One day while scrolling through the listing looking for something to play, I came across a certain game which sounded quite interesting. Now, I was born well after Doom's release so I had no idea what it was actually like. I knew that the game existed and was an old first person shooter, but absolutely nothing more than that. I figured that it would be nice to give it a go. The Super Nintendo port is a pretty flawed port (not that I would have known so) but I was instantly hooked regardless, and I still have a great fondness for that port despite its problems. And as they say, the rest is history.

And so I like to pretend that I had a rather unique introduction to the game: emulating the Super Nintendo version on an Xbox long after either system was relevant.

Edited by Spie812

5 hours ago, Boaby Kenobi said:

Doom on PlayStation in 1996.

This was the first version to make a true impact on me for sure.