Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rymante

Hellish Rogues - 11 maps of vanilla, limit removing action! - Apr 25th 2021 FINAL VERSION AVAILABLE FROM IDGAMES!

3 hours ago, dei_eldren said:

That's funny - but yeah, KS is the only set that this reminds me of in certain aspects (not that they are the same as in KS, but the general idea of them), the tricks being a major one - and one aspect reminds me of Sigil... :)  Now after map08 i can also say, the progression in the later maps is devious indeed - not malicious, though, because one just needs to explore a little with a keen eye!   (Also: this reminded me of KS from the first map, the beginning, and the progression of the levels...never thought you copied it, just that there's a lot of general elements that are natural associations.  It's one of the best WADs to my liking i've ever played anyway..)

Anyway, playing on PrB+ i found a little glitch on map08, which didn't affect gameplay.  i don't know if this glitch is such that depends on the port used (i'd guess it isn't, but not sure).

doom00.gif

Ah yeah, that's the known issue mentioned earlier in this thread, the 'slime trail'

Unfortunately I'm not sure how to fix it yet.  I've only seen this issue occur on PrBoom Plus & Crispy Doom, GZDoom doesn't have this problem.

I'm proud to announce that the final version of Hellish Rogues is now available for download from the idgames archive!

GRAB IT HERE!

Changes from last playtest version :

• The slime trail visual glitch that could be encountered on some source ports in Map 8 has been fixed!
  • Minor changes to map design to help prevent co-op specific softlocks in progression.
  • Removed the custom pistol firing sound, the more I listened to it, the more I became unhappy with how it sounded.

I've learned a ton about Doom mapping working on this debut project, I hope to take what I've learned here & make something even better next time.

Although, maybe I'll focus on smaller projects that can be more quickly iterated on for a while XD