Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZeroTheEro

DigitalFoundry's video on Doom 64's new release.

4 hours ago, ZeroTheEro said:

I see Ed has nuts64.wad running and look at that smoothness.

Also, look at that clipping...

It's mostly just John who loves the retro stuff. Richard and Alex seem more interested in modern games. Not sure how the other members feel about older stuff.

Awesome video! Doom 64 is my favourite game from the entire series. It's nice to see this game being brought out of obscurity by a dedicated community. A big thanks to all the people involved and their astonishing work in accomplishing such a task.

The DF Retro videos are always a good watch.  They're only made better with Doom content. ;)

I'd love the DF guys to do a further in-depth video on the Kex Engine, itself.  It seems to be a really powerful and interesting piece of software.

It'd also be totally fantastic if they could manage to chase down the original devs from Midway and do a retrospective on the OG Doom 64.  One can dream.

4 hours ago, Nevander said:

Didn't even know that was a thing. Link?

I don't even have it tho. From the video Ed just converted nuts.wad with Doom Builder for Doom 64.

I really enjoyed the interview. Some really cool details on the effort it took to get this released just from a coding stand point. From a company and rights standpoint it must have been another battle!

22 hours ago, Nevander said:

Didn't even know that was a thing. Link?

Perhaps @Edward850 can get us that wad? :)

John (Who has an account here @dark1x) is my main videogame b*tch when it comes to these things. Geniunely great guy to talk with in private and then some.

In my mind i had pictured the voices of everyone involved as completely different though, especially @Quasar's :)

Great video all around. Give DF some more love, for a tech head its one of the better channels to watch over.

And that's impressive as is. They really carved a niche that they share with NXGamer and VG Tech.