Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mad Dal 85

Downloads to use in mods?

Question

Other than Realm667, is there any other sites that have monsters, weapons, ect. available to download and use in mods that you're creating? 

I want a different design for the Railgun and the only one I can find is the ST Railgun from Realm667 and it doesn't look good imo. 

I don't want take something out of someone else's mod and use it in mine. They may not be friendly about it.

5 answers to this question

You can use this website to find sprites of some 2.5D game and steal them for your project (some frankensteining needed to make them fit Doom).

If you have an old 3D game, you can view models of the weapons and make sprites out of them.

On 4/9/2020 at 1:34 PM, Kut said:

You can use this website to find sprites of some 2.5D game and steal them for your project (some frankensteining needed to make them fit Doom).

If you have an old 3D game, you can view models of the weapons and make sprites out of them.

I don't want rip things out of other people's work and put them in my mod (without their permission. Not my thing) because once my mod is done and everything in it is play tested and working fine, I want to release it so other people can play it.

Things from Realm667 are different because the authors who created the things on that site (monsters, weapons, powerups, ect.) have allowed people to use their work in their mods/wads. 

On lundi 6 avril 2020 at 11:27 PM, Mad Dal 85 said:

I don't want take something out of someone else's mod and use it in mine. They may not be friendly about it.

Look at usage permission in the readme accompanying the mod. That'll tell you whether the authors are okay with taking their resources or not.

13 hours ago, Gez said:

Look at usage permission in the readme accompanying the mod. That'll tell you whether the authors are okay with taking their resources or not.

Anything posted on Realm667 must be okay to use. The authors who made Clusterfuck has put in the README.txt said that a lot of stuff in the mod came from Realm667 and some they modified to increase the number of monsters you could face whilst playing it.

No one has said anything to CF's authors about using their work in the mod so they must be cool with it.