Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SlayerOGames666

Yep, this exists, You Vs. Doomguy.

>"...we played literally every doom game ever made, including the original when it came out in the 90s"
>mfw thats the only one i've ever played

the pain.jpg

Is the video supposed to be funny in some way? I don't get it.

16 minutes ago, VGA said:

Is the video supposed to be funny in some way? I don't get it.

That's what the you vs X series on this channel usually does. They try to be funny while explaining the point.

Youtube series make by big channels like these don't really interest me though, since they either don't research their source material properly (which is still the case here) or can go really cringe during some parts.

Yeah, mainly that they used an 8-bit rendition of the DOOMSLAYER, while putting the entire scene in what seems to be a maze from E1M2 or E1M4, like they think that the people watching would care any less.

1 minute ago, iconofeggsafe666 said:

Yeah, mainly that they used an 8-bit rendition of the DOOMSLAYER, while putting the entire scene in what seems to be a maze from E1M2 or E1M4, like they think that the people watching would care any less.

THEY ALSO GOT THE FONT WRONG AGSDFGAFSDGFSDGFSDGFSDGDAG

Reasonably doomguy would just be a bro and just chill out, you and him drink a few beers and talk about stuff.  

Now if you were really pitted in a fight you'd be dead. Real dead. 

6 minutes ago, iconofeggsafe666 said:

Yeah, but it could've used actual DOOM 2 Assets.

Too ugly for their standards probably.

2 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Too ugly for their standards probably.

o h   r e a l l y   n o w ? ! ?

Their version of the Icon Of Sin is complete and utter trash, to be honest.

AND they used classic doom-styled textures in the thumbnail, so what's stopping them from using DOOM assets regardless?

I think they are just trying to maintain a consistent art-style in their videos. All of them look like this. I don't think it has anything to do with it looking ugly.

I'm actually stunned that they got the backstory from Doom1, Doom2 and Doom64 99% correct! I find the appearance of Doomguy in a NASA space suit to be stupid as well as the cartoon devil appearance of the demons, but hey, they got the story right which is more than most of these kinds of videos can say.

Shit talking T-Mobile earns extra points, too.

1 hour ago, Phobos Anomaly said:

Where did they get the bit about Doomguy reincarnating if he dies? I've read all the lore and I don't remember hearing that.

Maybe they're taking the Doom story super seriously and assume that whenever the player dies when playing and reloads a save that it counts as resurrection? 

18 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

That's what the you vs X series on this channel usually does. They try to be funny while explaining the point.

Youtube series make by big channels like these don't really interest me though, since they either don't research their source material properly (which is still the case here)

Cough, cough, TF2 vs Overwatch by Matpat, cough, cough

4 hours ago, TheStupidestBeing said:

Cough, cough, TF2 vs Overwatch by Matpat, cough, cough

No, Screwattack's Doomguy vs Masterchief.

On 4/7/2020 at 12:26 AM, iconofeggsafe666 said:

AND they used classic doom-styled textures in the thumbnail, so what's stopping them from using DOOM assets regardless?

Nonono. They're quantized (to look more "8-bit-y", I suppose – or rather, 4 bits, because 16 colors! >_>).

1 hour ago, Gustavo6046 said:

Nonono. They're quantized (to look more "8-bit-y", I suppose – or rather, 4 bits, because 16 colors! >_>).

Oh.

Oh, The Infographics Show. Why does anyone like that show anyways? The animation is atrocious, the information is usually incorrect, and the "art style" consists of discount Kurzgesagt and images they probably stole from google images. 

>Made a post on DoomWorld because the video shown is based on DOOM
>mfw some people look like they're about to boycott the infographics show
>also mfw the infograhics show puts doomguy in a NASA outfit
>ALSO mfw i stole this image from someone else on this thread because it would fit
image.png.9028461ebaf9a3382904ffb2fa8a7645.png

9 hours ago, iconofeggsafe666 said:

>mfw some people look like they're about to boycott the infographics show

"Your Honor, I hold no responsibility for the violent acts of trespass, mass murder, theft, arson, and others, performed unlawfully by the defendants. I do not believe that I have directly influenced or motivated such actions, and I do not condone or support them. In fact, I condemn this sickening series of events – any soul who witnessed my expression of horror upon seeing those unfortunate news would know so, as well. I deny any involvement in this criminal sequence."

4 hours ago, Gustavo6046 said:

"Your Honor, I hold no responsibility for the violent acts of trespass, mass murder, theft, arson, and others, performed unlawfully by the defendants. I do not believe that I have directly influenced or motivated such actions, and I do not condone or support them. In fact, I condemn this sickening series of events – any soul who witnessed my expression of horror upon seeing those unfortunate news would know so, as well. I deny any involvement in this criminal sequence."

"Alright. You better stick to that promise".

On 4/7/2020 at 1:19 PM, Phobos Anomaly said:

Where did they get the bit about Doomguy reincarnating if he dies? I've read all the lore and I don't remember hearing that.

Perhaps from the end of E1 when the doomguy literally dies and goes to hell for the first time. Does this mean he can do it indefinitely? Idk but it would probably be safe to assume that killing him would put him in hell based on this. From there it'd just be a question of if he can escape hell for the umpteenth time.

Wrt the video, I like it and I can see where their interpretation of the story comes from. The only part I find silly is the suggestion to side with the demons in order to not be killed by the doomguy; wouldn't their previous MO indicate that they would immediately betray you upon killing the doomguy, assuming they didn't just possess you from the moment you said "hey let's work together." Idk it seems to me like you'd want to indefinitely point out new demons to satisfy his bloodlust while he screams "feed me seymour."