Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Li'l devil

What are the dumbest map names you've heard of?

3 hours ago, Grain of Salt said:

I like most of these "bad" names more than the usual generic power metal map names that get used in most doom wads.

Imo actual bad names are stuff like "hell's fury", "eyes of hate", "crimson sunrise", "temple of noun",  "hell's death", "land of death", "sword of bile", "evil murmurs", "veil of death",  "veil of land of death", "the evil", "gateway to dark", and so on.

This a thousand times. Temple of noun, hah! I blame Quake and particularly Doom E4. The austere tone of the King James Bible has loosed upon us a multitudinous progeny of cheeseful map titles.

When I next play some wads I might try and rectify this by mentally replacing offending words with cheese-related substitutes. The Aeon of Brietality. Much better.  The whey of terroir. Now I'm ready to uh..... ripe'n terroir. Oh dear, I'm running dry already.

I just remembered "Into Engine Winken" and "Nonce Sense" from the Twitch Clips thread, but I don't know what wad had those level names.

3 minutes ago, NuMetalManiak said:

I just remembered "Into Engine Winken" and "Nonce Sense" from the Twitch Clips thread, but I don't know what wad had those level names.

IIRC, "Into Engine Winken" was a map made for Plutonia 2 that didn't make the final cut. Not sure about the other one.

1 hour ago, NuMetalManiak said:

"Nonce Sense" is a reference to the satirical UK TV show Brass Eye, just in case you weren't aware.

4 hours ago, Eris Falling said:

pardon me for posting one of my own but I still like it as a map name

image.png.f79734355c31880d4da49b1cb364eef7.png

I like it more as a name for a person, but you do you, it's like a son to you.

I want to thank everyone on this thread for some big laughs. "Day of the Testicle"... I just cannot-- hahaha!

I love dumb map names. I have a couple stupid ones in my WIP wad. Examples include "Cecil's Toolshed" "Jungle Dudes" and "Greg's Garden (Part 2)"