Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Old-Doomguy

Gzdoom cooperative online play?

Hey, I'm trying to tempt my brother into coming back to playing some doom. Is there an easy way to start a Co-op online game? He's like 1000km from me so we won't be able to play over local area hehe 

If and how do you set up a Co-op game? How do I set it up so that weapons remain grabable for both players etc?

The best alternative would be using Zandronum which is a multiplayer oriented port. In terms of mod compatibility it’s like a stripped-back GZDoom in many respects.

You can use Doomseeker which comes with Zand to either start a server or join one you think looks fun. The permanent servers tend to give the most stable connection!

2 hours ago, Doomkid said:

The best alternative would be using Zandronum which is a multiplayer oriented port. In terms of mod compatibility it’s like a stripped-back GZDoom in many respects.

You can use Doomseeker which comes with Zand to either start a server or join one you think looks fun. The permanent servers tend to give the most stable connection!

OK thanks.

There are dedicated servers? Can't we make our own? Either of us could he a host as we have great broadband. 

50 minutes ago, Old-Doomguy said:

OK thanks.

There are dedicated servers? Can't we make our own? Either of us could he a host as we have great broadband. 

Or you make the Zandro server on your PC (and then open the ports on your router/firewall), or you could use The Sentinel's Playground.

(and if you like/enjoy TSPG you can donate or subscribe to their Patreon :) )