Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
P41R47

Megawads with (mostly) stock textures

Recently i was replaying some of my favorites pwads and i found that new textures and monsters really add to the game, but at the same time, it make it something different. So i started to think, what are the best megawads that are made almost completely with stock textures, not including custom status bar, titlepic, interpic and new skies.

As for now, this is a little list i made by looking at my wads folder... and i found that there are not much of them.

Vanilla megawad for Ultimate Doom: Endless Torture - DTWID + UDTWID - Wonderful Doom - Unnaligned (this will be better if it was Ultimate Unaligned) - Enjay Doom - Doom: Damnation + Doom: Perdition (this is almost a match made in heaven) - Switcheroom + Switcheroom: The Forgotten Maps - The Beggining of the End Part 1 & 2 - The Ultimate NMD - Base Ganymede: Complete -

Limit removing megawad for Ultimate Doom: Lunar Catastrophe - Synergy - ConC.E.R.Ned - Return to Hadron - Thy Flesh Turned into a Draft-Excluder -

Boom megawad for Ultimate Doom: -

Zdoom megawad for Ultimate Doom: -

Vanilla megawad for Doom 2: NJ Doom2 - Cleimos 2Hell RevelaledDemonfear - Revolution! - Scythe - Hell Revealed 2FragportD64D2 - Unnecessary - Kama Sutra - Baculus - D2TWID (new textures on secret maps only) - D2INOGarrulismoCyberdreams - Arch-Vile Jump - Mars WarKhorus' Speedy Shit - NoisyDiarrhea - THE ABYSS - The Talosian Incident - Doom Zero - Three is a Crowd - 64kb Challenge - Zone 300 - Countdown To Extinction

Limit removing megawad for Doom 2: Short map for short people - Short map for short people 2 - Killing AdventureKilling Adventure 2 - Hellbound (uses Udoom & Doom2 combined textures and a few modified ones) - CPD - 25 Years on Earth - 64kb Challenge - NOVA: The Birth - The Journey - KINDa

Boom megawad for Doom 2: Vile Flesh - 10 Sectors - 10 Sectors 2 - And The Bloodshed Began - Going Down - DomworldMegaProject Serie - Redundancy - 50 Shades of Graytall - 100 Lines - Hellevator (Bonus Status Bar) - Hadephobia (Bonus Lost Song) - Community Chest - Estranged - I Hate My Neighbors

Zdoom megawad for Doom 2: Scourge

As you can see, there is not much material here, but surely i am missing a lot of pretty good megawads.
So guys, please, name some wads!

(should i add TNT and PLUTONIA stock texture megawads, too?) 

Edited by P41R47

Doomworld megawad project 2018

Switcheroom, maybe? It's all stock textures expect of title screen and map titles...

Also, Arch-vile Jump and Cyberdreams uses mostly stock textures iirc.

Anyway, is amazing to see there's no zdoom megawads for both doom using stock textures, also there's not boom megawad for doom

Edited by Walter confetti

I guess I may as well point out that Scourge, by me (in 2005 and updated in 2006), doesn't use any custom textures (but does include a mirrored flat, some horrible new INTERPIC and TITLEPIC graphics and a new monster) and is a Doom II megaWAD for ZDoom (albeit, only 23 maps). Unless there's any others, I guess that makes it the best :P

Of course, if there are any others, this is immediately second-best (and the worst if it turns out there's more than one other).

Edited by Phobus

12 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Going Down of course.

I doubted about this one because there are like 10 or 15 custom textures that are used sparcely along the wad, but i think its ok. Thanks, Thenoob_Gamer ;)

12 hours ago, Oppo1021 said:

Baculus,the hud is the only custom graphic.

Oh, F***, i have this one on my folder, but i didn't take my time to check it because its still incomplete... or in alpha state, don't know for sure. Thanks anyway, Oppo1021, ;)

5 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Doomworld megawad project 2018

Switcheroom, maybe? It's all stock textures expect of title screen and map titles...

Also, Arch-vile Jump and Cyberdreams uses mostly stock textures iirc.

Anyway, is amazing to see there's no zdoom megawads for both doom using stock textures, also there's not boom megawad for doom

Oh, i pass by those three and didn't notice 'em hahaha. Thanks for pointing them, Walter Confeti.
Also thanks for DoomworldMegaproject2018, i didn't know about this projects, i'm gonna check 'em.
There is a boom Ultimate Doom megawad, its called Vengeance by Paul Fleschute, i recommend it as it is neat and pretty good indeed, but it have a ton of custom textures.

4 hours ago, Phobus said:

I guess I may as well point out that Scourge, by me (in 2005 and updated in 2006), doesn't use any custom textures (but does include a mirrored flat, some horrible new INTERPIC and TITLEPIC graphics and a new monster) and is a Doom II megaWAD for ZDoom (albeit, only 23 maps). Unless there's any others, I guess that makes it the best :P

Of course, if there are any others, this is immediately second-best (and the worst if it turns out there's more than one other).

Glad to know that, at least, there is one zdoom megawad with stock textures, Phobus. Seeing your wad, i gonna update the list right now pointing that not soo much new content is allowed. This way, i think that the best vanilla Doom 2 megawad of all time, Kama Sutra, well make it into this list as it only have 28 custom textures and are rarely used along the megawad.

I got one big folder with wad and there are like 300, thats why i hope you guys could lend me a hand.
Thanks you all for the big help :D

Edited by P41R47