Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chip

Post your Mod/WAD ideas

Not everyone is great at creating DOOM WADs but everyone has an idea of a WAD they wish was made. Let's make a list of WADs that we wish existed. I for one wish this was an actual WAD

For the most action go to 2:06

Edit: A lot of people have posted sequels or someones take on a certain WAD, but I was thinking more original stuff, like a whole level dedicated to killing your enemies with cyberdemon shots or something. try to get your creativity flowing and come up with your best idea! I'm sure somebody out there would be willing to make a WAD that you thought of!

Edited by LiT_gam3r

22 minutes ago, Diabolución said:

As far I am concerned...

I know it isn't official, but Xaser did a take on Lethe for UDTWID based on the one screenshot Dr Sleep posted to his personal site.

I am aware of that map (and of that other one by Alfonzo), but nothing beats the real thing, which logically will never be released. Thanks for the suggestion, at any rate.

D6JlFC1.jpg

I've been trying to get a good layout of Doom2016's or Doom Eternal's map layouts so I create a facsimile in Doom2, but most walkthroughs only have snippits or the levels are just way too vertical (but I could make sections into different maps).

Perhaps I could make them into QuakeII maps using a source port like Yamagi and jackhammer.

14 minutes ago, 𝕲𝖗𝖊𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖌𝖊𝖗1 said:

I've been trying to get a good layout of Doom2016's or Doom Eternal's map layouts so I create a facsimile in Doom2, but most walkthroughs only have snippits or the levels are just way too vertical (but I could make sections into different maps).

Perhaps I could make them into QuakeII maps using a source port like Yamagi and jackhammer.

That would be awesome!

35 minutes ago, Egg Boy said:

Scythe X Episodes 3 through 6 :)

Seconded.  I do kinda wish there was a community project set on doing this or something.  I think it'd be interesting to see.

any originals? other than just new episodes and sequels to existing WADs? also, I was wishing for a WAD where you play as Jedi-master Bill Gates, that would be awesome trying to "Kill" the competition. Like getting attacked by PlayStations and Apple computers

My dream WAD is one where it has levels that appeared in my dreams about Doom, I'd have to make it myself though, someday...

8 minutes ago, Senor500 said:

My dream WAD is one where it has levels that appeared in my dreams about Doom, I'd have to make it myself though, someday...

I had a dream where Doomguy walks into a massive room with a gigantic wall, but demons in it. The Doomguy then goes to the wall and hits a switch next to it, suddenly, the wall grows eyes and massive arms that try to crush you like the crusher objects in doom. From the eyes, the crusher wall spews out the demon spawn cubes from The Icon of Sin. Your only way to kill it is by letting it smash a demon. each demon dies immediately and each sends a different amount of damage to the boss, an imp does like a pistols amount of damage, and an arch-vile gives the wall a BFG's amount of damage. Sadly, this would be almost impossible to make due to technical limitations but it would be an awesome boss fight for a different game. Another idea I had was a library damaged after an earthquake that was caused by the player, the player goes inside only to find it super bright in there and a crap-load of imps, then after they are dealt with, a wall opens revealing a cyberdemon. So far I love all your comments! great job!

I'd love to see a new wad by the Final Doom guys, I know they've had a lot of work in the industry since then, and I'd love to see how that changed their way to design levels in the Doom engine

28 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

Sadly, this would be almost impossible to make due to technical limitations but it would be an awesome boss fight for a different game.

With all the modern sourceports and their extended features, I don't see why it wouldn't be doable.

Of course, it wouldn't work in vanilla, but better than nothing.

Kama Sutra 2. As far as we know, it's already 90% done. It'd be neat if the sequel was called bdsm.wad or something of the sort.

And, for Bill Gates in Doom, I think MARSWAR gets pretty close

image.png.82ffdbfbf77498573afde969b2eca8ee.png 

quietly reviving an old thread I made

wouldn't it be cool to see a whole Wolfenstein mod with only the original Vanilla sprites? like just the Wolfenstein SS and the wall/floor/ceiling textures. With no textures other than from the actual game. So, no Grosse, no machine guns, just the actual sprites from DOOM 2. 

Moredeth 2 [tick]

Doom Millennium [tick]

Scythe X MAP11-32 [tick]

TNT Devilution ???

2002ADO 2 ????

Let's see which one gets released first within the next 24 months.

On 4/11/2020 at 6:00 AM, InDOOMnesia said:

Mordeth 2.

6 minutes ago, pcorf said:

Moredeth 2 [tick]

Doom Millennium [tick]

Let's see which one gets released first within the next 24 months.

''Heh''. The greatest mysteries of the Doom community are often the most interesting ones.

I am putting a vote in for Thrust.

On 4/10/2020 at 9:00 PM, silentzorah said:

Seconded.  I do kinda wish there was a community project set on doing this or something.  I think it'd be interesting to see.

This has got me wondering, a community project based around Erik Alm's work would be really cool to see! Maybe a "Scythe the Way Alm Did," or something. The barrier for entry would have to be high, to ensure proper emulation of his style, again, like DTWiD.

i wish there was a proper fourth entry to doomguy's pimp ventures, i'm currently working on one, and i have 2 levels finished, but there isn't, at least as far as i know, a single place in the doom community i could upload it because of it's explicit content

12 hours ago, sergeirocks100 said:

i wish there was a proper fourth entry to doomguy's pimp ventures, i'm currently working on one, and i have 2 levels finished, but there isn't, at least as far as i know, a single place in the doom community i could upload it because of it's explicit content

themes/x-rated/i_am_old_enough_to_look_at_this/ still exists doesn't it ?

1 minute ago, doomsucksass said:

themes/x-rated/i_am_old_enough_to_look_at_this/ still exists doesn't it ?

it does, but i'm not sure if idgames accepts pk3s, and i still wouldn't be able to post the link in any doom forum that i know of