Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mad Dal 85

Converting Sound

Question

Anyone know where I can get a decent sound converter from for my computer? I don't mind paying for one. All the free ones add a silly robot voice to it the sounds advertising their product! My computer isn't linked to the net at the moment. Been posting on here using my phone and even the phone sound converters are useless too!

9 answers to this question

So you are trying to convert FLAC and OGG files I assume? Look at Audacity. It should be able to open those formats and export into MP3 or WAV or whatever it is you need.

Tried that. Wouldn't work for some dumb reason or something. I'm just gonna have to stay with the FLAC and .ogg sounds. There's just no other options available for me. Literally tried everything. A lot of them add some stupid robot voice to the sounds, and because my computer isn't connected to the net at the moment (been using my phone to post on here) I can't get on any of their sites to buy the proper version. There's simply nothing else I can do. 

If you want the sounds to work in vanilla Doom, you need to first convert them to mono, 8-bit WAVs with Audacity or similar, and then SLADE can convert them to Doom's native format.

For your phone and computer issues, can't you plug your phone on your computer? It would allow you to access the net through your phone (tethering), or you can download files on your phone and then transfer them to your PC.

I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!! I'm starting to feel like a scratched vinyl record now saying it over and over. Sorry, but I just can't do it. I am literally stuck with FLAC and .ogg sounds. No sound converter will work for me. It just adds a stupid robot voice and ruin it all. I just got accept that nothing will convert them and I have no other options available for me. It's just that simple.

Plus my PC is not hooked up to the internet at the moment. Antivirus has expired and I can't afford to renew it right now.

I give up with converting the audio. The FLAC and .ogg sounds will have to stay in my mod. That's it. FLAC and .ogg stays. No sound converter will work for me and I have no other options. So it looks like they are staying. What else can I do?

On 4/11/2020 at 8:14 AM, lilpastasalad said:

So you are trying to convert FLAC and OGG files I assume? Look at Audacity. It should be able to open those formats and export into MP3 or WAV or whatever it is you need.

Nothing on that useless thing about converting sounds, even though their website says it does. False advertising on their behalf. I should report them for that! Everything I tried won't work. It either adds a silly robotic voice to the sounds or it won't convert them because I haven't paid for the software, and I can't get online on my computer to buy the full version of any sound converter so it looks like I'm stuck with FLAC and .ogg in my mod. My phone won't do it neither. 

Edited by Mad Dal 85

Some reasonably priced apps are

• Goldwave
  • Sony Soundforge

They can convert from/to many file formats.

And for midi

• Sony Acid
Edited by Kappes Buur