Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plasma Slayer

Still finding new secrets in Doom 2

I've been playing Doom 2 since it came out and I still haven't found all of the secrets. I'm playing through the game now for the first time in maybe a year or two and I've found several new (to me) secrets in just the first 10 maps of the game.

This is just one of the many reasons that these games hold up so well today. I haven't even come close to finding all of the secrets in Plutonia or Evilution, either! 

46 minutes ago, Plasma Slayer said:

This is just one of the many reasons that these games hold up so well today.

Indeed

In case you didn't know, our lord and savior Zero Master revealed for the first time a secret in Doom 2 in 2018, 24 years since the release of Doom 2 in 1994.

So yeah, have fun getting them all!

did you find the super-secret level Grosse hidden in the secret level Wolfenstein?

1 minute ago, LiT_gam3r said:

did you find the super-secret level Grosse hidden in the secret level Wolfenstein?

Dude, spoilers.

I only know 100% of the secrets of Episode 1 from Doom 1, the rest of Doom games? I'm yet to find them all, makes it somewhat fun to replay otherwise annoying maps.

9 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Dude, spoilers.

Not really, the game has been out for 26 years and it is not like the level was a major part of the game. I was trying to help the guy.

8 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

Not really, the game has been out for 26 years and it is not like the level was a major part of the game. I was trying to help the guy.

Yeah, but my sixth sense tells me that Edward850 was just making what is called a joke and it flew over your head

Meanwhile I never finished vanilla DooM II on DooM95 cus I got stuck so I think I don't even know a single secret from Map20 to 29.

25 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

Yes, found that long ago :)

4 minutes ago, SirJuicyLemon said:

Yeah, but my sixth sense tells me that Edward850 was just making what is called a joke and it flew over your head

I see that now, thanks!

46 minutes ago, SirJuicyLemon said:

Indeed

In case you didn't know, our lord and savior Zero Master revealed for the first time a secret in Doom 2 in 2018, 24 years since the release of Doom 2 in 1994.

I personally didn't believe John Romero when he claimed that this way of getting this secret was intentional lol.

And the only actual unobtainable secret in Doom II is in Monster Condo, right? Because Sandy tagged a teleporter pad as secret, and by its' very nature, teleports you away from it before you can tag it. (And of course, the levels that have no secrets like Nirvana and Living End.)

1 minute ago, Maximum Matt said:

And the only actual unobtainable secret in Doom II is in Monster Condo, right? Because Sandy tagged a teleporter pad as secret, and by its' very nature, teleports you away from it before you can tag it. (And of course, the levels that have no secrets like Nirvana and Living End.)

It's obtainable without cheats, but requires wallrunning to trigger a lindef skip.

2 hours ago, SirJuicyLemon said:

Indeed

Technically, it wasn't "revealed" (this secret was known long ago, just open a map editor), it just was not known if/how it could actually be registered (since they clearly made a mistake in the design). Once ZeroMaster figured it out, every single secret in Doom 2 could be obtained without cheats (though you might need some weird techniques or exploiting bugs).

22 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

I see that now, thanks!

Don't worry! It happens to all of us!

20 hours ago, 3saster said:

Technically, it wasn't "revealed" (this secret was known long ago, just open a map editor), it just was not known if/how it could actually be registered (since they clearly made a mistake in the design). Once ZeroMaster figured it out, every single secret in Doom 2 could be obtained without cheats (though you might need some weird techniques or exploiting bugs).

Yeah, I had the same exact thought.

I was just too lazy to make a distinction and took advantage of the word "reveals" already appearing in the title of the video.

Cool fact though.