Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dweller Dark

Favorite sound in the the original Doom games?

My personal favorite is the Imp's "Chow-how-how" noise they make, which is supposedly altered camel sounds (?). It's just a memorable and weird sound to me.

6 minutes ago, Katey Kat said:

i like the sound the arachnatron's make when they die. really satisfying.

I absolutely love that sound. It very well be my favorite sound in the game because it is just so satisfying.  Aside from maybe the supershotgun. 

12 minutes ago, seed said:

The SSG firing sound 👌.

BOOM clack-click-cluck

Gut-blasting a stack of barons up close with BFG blast rays and hearing them bitch and moan as they melt to the floor.

The baron trigger scream, it used to make shit my pants when i was a kid and played on jag. The pitch sounds a tiny bit lower and the game is quiet so when it happens it makes you jump a bit. I kinda miss it when i play on ps1 and doom64. I know it's a stock sound and you can hear it on some version of maniac mansion too but in doom it kinda sounds like "i'm gonna fuck you up"

The SSG and the Cacodemon's HSSSSSS.

Also the Arch-Vile death noise because it usually comes with a big feeling of relief.

11 hours ago, IvanDobrovski said:

Ever since I found out about the mancubus pain sound being Elmer Fudd saying "Quiet!" slowed down, I can't help but just love it.

lmao, never knew about this one. I just had to listen for myself!

The links in Shaviro and BaronOfStuff's posts still work!

all the sounds involving the rocket launcher, it's like candy for my ears. also the plasma gun's firing sound mixed with the crystalline visuals is really sweet

5 minutes ago, DOEL said:

plasma gun's firing sound mixed with the crystalline visuals is really sweet

That is the most annoying sound for me. It makes me not want to use it.

Favourite sound? Well I can't choose.

SSG shot + Mancubus being shot = Perfection

Edited by Demion

SSG firing sound. Hands down. No weapon in any other FPS has been more satisfying to use. It's just... beefy.

15 hours ago, IvanDobrovski said:

Ever since I found out about the mancubus pain sound being Elmer Fudd saying "Quiet!" slowed down, I can't help but just love it.

Wait, this is true? That's awesome. 😎

The former humans/imps/revenants' pain sound, which is actually a slowed down generic scream sound.

The Mancubus wake up tiger-like growl is still both intimidating and awesome even after all these years playing Doom.

Oh so many good sounds that it is hard to choose just one. How about when you kill a huge mass of hitscanners and run over the piles of shotguns and chainguns that they left behind, filling your ammo up and making that satisfying cha-click sound.

If I had to chose a single one, I'd say it's the sound of collapsing bones when a Revenant dies.

But what I truly like about Doom's sounds is the symphony they create during play. Rhythmic weapon fire of different timbres accompanied by various monster utterances and the occasional swoosh of a projectile flying past, interrupted from time to time by the sound of a door or switch, then the crescendo of different projectile impacts and explosions, usually culminating in the gut-wrenching aria that is doomguy's death scream.