Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chip

How will DOOM 6 work?

Since DOOM 2016 and DOOM Eternal are sort of remakes of DOOM and DOOM 2: Hell on Earth, then how will DOOM 6 work? People speculate that DOOM 64 will be remade, but how will that work? If that is true, then what would be some new enemies, because the Nightmare imp and Mother Demon are not enough. And, yes of course Bethesda and ID are great at coming up with new enemy types, but people want old enemies to make an appearance. They could release the unmade Hellhound, but wouldn't they need more? what old enemies can they add? I don't think they will use the DOOM 3 storyline since that was pretty well detailed and also, I think it's a prequel. But yeah, name some enemies you think could make an appearance in DOOM 6(4)? 

18 minutes ago, seed said:

I think it's way too early to dream of a new Doom game, we don't even have all the pieces of the puzzle since the SP DLC is not out yet.

And even so, it's not coming anytime soon. In fact, after Eternal I doubt we'll see a new Doom game in the foreseeable future - that game is probably more than 5 years away.

The DLC will probably be like the Spider-man DLC, just a whole new thing apart from what we've already seen. 5 years is not that long, also consider the fact that the first game was in development for 9 years. If you've played DOOM 64, you know that Doomguy finds out that there are still demons about, and they are coming from the mother demon. 

4 minutes ago, famicommander said:

I think the next "Doom game" we might see will be some sort of follow up to Sigil from Romero.

Si6il was supposed to be just the fifth and final episode of DOOM. it would have to take place before the events of DOOM Eternal. Still a great idea for DLC, or maybe they could do the Borderlands thing of making a Pre-sequel. 

37 minutes ago, Katey Kat said:

i doubt there will be a DOOM 6 tbh. idk how they can top DOOM Eternal

It's not about topping, it's about having a never-ending joy ride that is packed full of action and thrills. 

This was supposed to be just a fun thing to see what DOOM enemies they can add, not a page to say that they won't release a new DOOM game, I like Famicommander because with that, they could add bosses like Baphomet!

This whole doom eternal as a service with a battle pass and heavily emphasized multiplayer gives me the impression this the last one for at least a while. 

13 minutes ago, bobbyfish said:

This whole doom eternal as a service with a battle pass and heavily emphasized multiplayer gives me the impression this the last one for at least a while. 

Please stop writing this stuff, this is not the point of the topic! I feel like you just read the title and that's it!

Clearly doom 6 will follow the trend listed in this thread and go back to its doom 3 roots, replacing all of the movemet/navigational tech with a flashlight and the guns with a pda.

2 minutes ago, Fonze said:

Clearly doom 6 will follow the trend listed in this thread and go back to its doom 3 roots, replacing all of the movemet/navigational tech with a flashlight and the guns with a pda.

DOOM 3 is a prequel to all the games in the series. I think they could use a lot of elements from it!

Just now, LiT_gam3r said:

DOOM 3 is a prequel to all the games in the series

Errr...what?!

Doom 666 - The Abyssal Reaches. Where you must locate various bad/good people (that also were smart/wise), currently suffering in hell/having tea in heaven, in order to help solve an even bigger problem: how to stop the entire multiverse blinking out of existence. Turns out the Unmaker from Doom 64 is a living entitity (kinda like Elric's Stormbringer), with the actual purpose of ending all purposes, including it's own tortured existence.

Tagline: Even hell is something.

12 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

DOOM 3 is a prequel to all the games in the series. I think they could use a lot of elements from it!

More of re-imagining of the original game if it were a survival horror fps.

8 minutes ago, Deⓧiaz said:

Errr...what?!

I was surprised to learn that, too, but it's true. Chronologically, it makes sense since you're on Mars with a bunch of people, and in DOOM 1993, you are all alone, sad.

9 minutes ago, sluggard said:

Doom 6 is going to be a top-down turn based RPG, Featuring Dante from Devil May Cry.

oh, yeah! I saw that on Bethesda's Twitter, check it out here

Doom 6 will be another reboot, but it will act a sequel to the 2005 movie "Doom" where the Rapid Response Tactical Squad faced off against a siege of genetic demons. In Doom 6 Earth is in chaos. The artificial 24th chromosome has run amok turning people into blood thirsty aberrations which are hellbent on spreading panic and chaos everywhere they go. You take on the role of Doomguy, who may or may not be Karl Urban, who must single handedly stop this forsaken genetic plague. You get access to awesome weapons like chainsaws, shotguns, machine guns and the powerful bio force gun. You need these big guns to kill badass demon mutants such as zombies, imps, pinkies (wheelchairless this time) and hell knights etc. The final boss will be the big bad Hollywood a depraved creature of greed and nasty bullshit. It must be  stopped no matter the cost. If not it will smear it's glans across the face of the Earth.

15 minutes ago, User Name said:

Doom 6 will be another reboot, but it will act a sequel to the 2005 movie "Doom" where the Rapid Response Tactical Squad faced off against a siege of genetic demons. In Doom 6 Earth is in chaos. The artificial 24th chromosome has run amok turning people into blood thirsty aberrations which are hellbent on spreading panic and chaos everywhere they go. You take on the role of Doomguy, who may or may not be Karl Urban, who must single handedly stop this forsaken genetic plague. You get access to awesome weapons like chainsaws, shotguns, machine guns and the powerful bio force gun. You need these big guns to kill badass demon mutants such as zombies, imps, pinkies (wheelchairless this time) and hell knights etc. The final boss will be the big bad Hollywood a depraved creature of greed and nasty bullshit. It must be  stopped no matter the cost. If not it will smear it's glans across the face of the Earth.

In the DOOM movie his name is John Grimm, will your annoying sister who you are obviously incest for be accompanying you on this mission?

1 hour ago, LiT_gam3r said:

no.

42 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

In the DOOM movie his name is John Grimm, will your annoying sister who you are obviously incest for be accompanying you on this mission?

I dont understand

1 hour ago, User Name said:

Doom 6 will act a sequel to the 2005 movie "Doom" where the Rapid Response Tactical Squad faced off against a siege of genetic demons.

All I care about is tequila and she-boys!

History would rhyme if they decided to tone down the colors/humor for the "third Doom game" in this reboot series.

I am interested in seeing what they'll do past honoring the originals (2016 based on Doom I and Eternal based on Doom II) and into relatively unknown territory. Some people have pointed out that

Spoiler

the Khan Maykr looks a bit like a Mother Demon

, so maybe they'll do something akin to Doom 64 (reimagining the enemies, more Hell levels, some "conclusion" to the Slayer). Story-wise, I imagine it'd be grander than Eternal in scale, perhaps the Slayer is now hunting the Archdemons and the Dark Lord of Hell. If Doom 6 is meant to be the ending of a "trilogy", then I expect some conclusiveness to the story. Maybe the ripping and tearing will finally be done. Gameplay-wise, I don't know if they'll go more advanced than Eternal. On the other hand, it'd be a bit weird if it was less advanced ("simpler") than Eternal. Maybe they'll lean more heavily into the power fantasy element, with the resource/abilities micro-management reserved mostly for Ultra-Violence and Nightmare. For the campaign, I think it'd be reasonable to assume it'll be even longer than Eternal and probably feature an equivalent number of enemies (or possibly more). They'll likely stick with having multiple worlds to fight through. For multiplayer, I expect them to return to Deathmatch and advertise it as a return to form. For custom content, they did mention they were wanting to make modding easier in the future, so hopefully it'll be possible by the time Doom 6 comes around. Maybe a more advanced version of SnapMap, at the least. Probably wishful thinking though. I wonder if they'll nickname it as "Doom 666".

That being said, I also don't expect Doom 6 anytime soon either. 2026 would be ten years after 2016 and six years after Eternal, so I think we'll have something by then.

I imagine Doom 6(66) will probably have a bigger focus on boss battles, probably facing off against the 6 Archdemons and maybe the Dark Lord of Hell mentioned vaguely in Eternal's Codex entries.

Alternatively, there's the entire thing with: (MASSIVE DOOM ETERNAL SPOILERS HOLY FUCK)

Spoiler

VEGA being the Father and the high possibility of Samuel Hayden being the Seraphim - potentially Samuel was simply using Doomguy to gain control of Urdak, in the game we might help repair Samuel's body only for him to betray us like he did in 2016 and have Urdak be a threat again.

In terms of gameplay I imagine it'll be the same shit as what happened between 2016 and Eternal. A new weapon or two (maybe another weapon using rocket ammo), a load of new enemies and bigger and more complicated maps.

1 hour ago, LiT_gam3r said:

I was surprised to learn that, too, but it's true. Chronologically, it makes sense since you're on Mars with a bunch of people, and in DOOM 1993, you are all alone, sad.

In doom 1 you're not even in mars and in doom 3 almost everyone is killed in the second level.

2 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

Please stop writing this stuff, this is not the point of the topic! I feel like you just read the title and that's it!

I’m just saying I think there won’t be a doom 6. I’m Sorry you’re right

2 hours ago, User Name said:

They've still left a bunch of things untold about the lore and what the Doomslayer was doing while Earth was being invaded or who Samuel Hayden really is, seeing as he knows so much about hell and what they do with the people that get captured by hell. Especially whatever VEGA means when he says "I am the father."

4 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

Since DOOM 2016 and DOOM Eternal are sort of remakes of DOOM and DOOM 2: Hell on Earth, then how will DOOM 6 work? People speculate that DOOM 64 will be remade, but how will that work? If that is true, then what would be some new enemies, because the Nightmare imp and Mother Demon are not enough. And, yes of course Bethesda and ID are great at coming up with new enemy types, but people want old enemies to make an appearance. They could release the unmade Hellhound, but wouldn't they need more? what old enemies can they add? I don't think they will use the DOOM 3 storyline since that was pretty well detailed and also, I think it's a prequel. But yeah, name some enemies you think could make an appearance in DOOM 6(4)? 

Heh, i bet the next DOOM game would be another Romero episode.

5 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

plotonai 2

2 hours ago, bobbyfish said:

I’m just saying I think there won’t be a doom 6. I’m Sorry you’re right

Don’t you dare apologize for the fire in you.