Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dumpstertrash

New here and I'm looking for some help

I have doom 2 for the xbox and I'm looking to get it for the computer. I need to be pointed in the right direction to get started for that. 

Secondly, where do I find wr videos? I'd like to see how ppl do on xbox, pacifist runs, max runs etc. I saw xbox segmented runs were fine on the lowest difficulty on speedrun.com. not uv? 

Anyway, any and all help would be appreciated. Tips, insight, etc. Thanks guys

Posted (edited)

Hello Dumpstertrash!
Welcome to the community!

You should start looking at this post made by our lovely @Doomkid:

All about getting Doom ready to play in your computer.

On your 2nd point, I don't really know much about runs, but there's plenty material in here and probably plenty of users who know about it so wait until someone who knows comes and explains it or you can try searching inside the forum!

Good luck!

Edited by SirJuicyLemon

FYI, speedrun.com is not the best place to look for Doom runs.

Currently dsdarchive.com is the most trustworthy.

11 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

That reminds me, a really good friend of mine just recently achieved 29:39 in DOOM II. Sure, he didn't have any demos recording, made some backup saves in case a specific trick didn't work on first try (like MAP07 rocket) and even died at one point (which I missed somehow), but I'm still happy for this bastard. This has been his goal for quite some time and he finally got it. He also usually dies way more often, so towards the end his flawless running was so satisfying to watch. I did poke him later and asked if it's time to consider recording those demos and getting times accepted to DSDA - and he's heavily thinking about it.

That might take some time however. After all, he is mainly osu! player, and speedruns DOOM II only occasionally.

12 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

THANK YOU. Ya speedrun.com seemed very empty for this game considering how old it is.