Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boingo

The Epidermis Emporium: Back up and running

As you all know, teamdeim.com has been down since September, due to the relocation of its server. With its host server down, everybody's favourite skin site has been offline...

...until now.

The Epidermis Emporium is back up and running at its old location at Fortune City, which had been empty for more than two years. The emporium will remain at this temporary location until teamdeim.com is back up again.

You can find the emporium at http://members.fortunecity.com/doomskin/index.html

Awesome. I need to go look and see if there's anything I don't have yet.

I usually use the Quake 2 Female skin because it's the only good chick character. =P

Nanami said:

I usually use the Quake 2 Female skin because it's the only good chick character. =P

I agree, the other female skins out there all look too flimsy to survive in a Doom environment.

If someone could make Stephanie from the end of 2002 A Space Oddysey into a skin...

Nanami said:

Errr, sorry if this is a dumb question, but are you female?

NEXT TIME I THINK IT WOULD BE BETTER IF I DIDN'T REPLY AT ALL IF I PLAN ON POSTING "...."

Ct_red_pants said:

Errr, sorry if this is a dumb question, but are you female?

I'm thinking about refusing to answer...

Come on, doesn't anyone read text files? =P My author info for Grind.wad said something like... Uh, let me find it!

Text file said:

After the failure of "uac.wad" (uac3.wad), Kara has gone on to make another attempt at level editing in hopes to preserve her good name.

Maybe nobody plays my levels. o_O

I normally play as a female if I have the option. I'm not a transvestite or anything weird like that. It's just that I didn't like any of the male voices in UT (too gruff and kinda thick sounding), and the females had far better lines anyway (I tend to use the Female Commando, Voice 1). From there it just became a habit.

Heh, come on, I sometimes play as a Nali Cow; that doesn't mean I want to spend all my time going "Moo" on some alien planet, does it?

oh please, %80 of people who use female skins are male. it's got nothing to do with cross derssing fantasies, (well, for most people anyway), it’s got more to do with character. Maybe you want to look quick and nimble and a opposed to balky and strong (as far as the quake 2 skins go), and some people just like the look of the female skins (aesthetically).

This location is only temporary until teamdeim.com is back up. The fellow running the server had some problems, which is why it is still down.

Nanami said:

Well, I believe someone's working on an improved female Doom marine skin for Skulltag.

Text file said:
After the failure of "uac.wad" (uac3.wad), Kara has gone on to make another attempt at level editing in hopes to preserve her good name.

Heh, uac3.zip is in the s-u folder so you might soon see a review of it in my Oldstuff Chronicles :)

Heeeey! I can finally send in a guy i like to call the "Atrocity" Look for him really soon!

Only hitch is that i can't put the skins in a pwad by myself on mac...also i might want to add a gibbing skin and a HUD face...no problem

I've been meaning to create a new female marine skin for a while.

I've just been putting it off.

It's a problem I've had with a number of my skin projects.

Oh yes! That reminds me ... I did an update of the Marine Skins pack back at the end of October, but the file currently on the emporium is the old one. When I do the next update (soon I hope) I will make the switch for the current one. It is available HERE in the meantime. The marine skins work very well on my ZDaemon server to provide VWEP (visual weapon) support. Users who have the marine skins, and have their zdoom.cfg file set up correctly can switch from skin to skin to reflect what weapons they are using. There are instructions on how to do that included.

Nanami said:

After the failure of "uac.wad" (uac3.wad), ...

In what way did it fail? Did it appear in the Newstuff Chronicles? Can its faults be mended?

BTW, I played it, and got to a point where I couldn't see how to make any further progress. Was that the problem, or was I just being dense?

It was a failure because ALL the rooms looked the same. =P And I didn't know any good lighting effects then. It was a HUGE level and there's no reason for it to be so big. Too many monsters. Hard to navigate most of the time... etc. It was in /newstuff once; I forget what number.

I did a forum search for everything relevant that I could think of, and didn't find a newstuff thread that included it. I found it fun to play (up to the point where I got stuck), with tight ammo and health balance (I had c. 20% health when I needed to sneak past the cyberdemon). OK, it was a bit plain in appearance, but that's hardly a reason to junk the whole thing - I didn't keep getting lost, or anything.

I liked the toilets, BTW. [beavis voice]You know what this wad needs? A toilet... [pause] Wow, Butt-Head look, a toilet! Cool![/beavis voice]

You don't HAVE to go fight the Cyberdemon. =P A lot of the level is there so you can run around and explore and stuff. There's extra ammo and health to accomodate the new areas... but the placement for that wad for both monsters and items was terrible.

I dont remember them all but for instance "heresia" in New arrivals and some of skin packs like "DooM Connector skins" and so on...

For starters, you have to realize that I just uploaded an entire website consisting of well over 1000 files, not just the skins themselves, plus I had to upload them via the Fortune City ftp, which is often quite dodgey.

I've gone through the entire website, and I have found out which files need to be reuploaded. they should be there sometime this morning.