Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Candlemass - Now on the IdGames Archive!

Surprisingly, no one has commented yet, so I'm going first.

Nice map, perfect for a color blind. The combat is fairly good (it fucks me up fairly often) and the map doesn't take too long to finish. (Still wondering why are there 2 SSGs tho)

The part with the mirror stimpacks and candles and where you get the light amplification goggles are my fav moments in the map.

Glad this isn't yet another joke WAD, 8.5/10 :)

5 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

(Still wondering why are there 2 SSGs tho)

That was an intentional decision: considering there are 2 divergent paths, I wanted to make sure that you could get the SSG and chaingun on both of them when you went through for the first time.

FDA below for the previous version.

You nailed the theme, there's a lot of interesting design going on, floating candles, lots of chess floors and a lot of curved arches.

The gameplay at first however is too boring and drags for too long, using shotgun and chaingun to kill nonthreatening mid-tiers such as revs, mancs and hell knights was not fun, and it's a shame I had to repeat those boring parts every time I died somewhere exciting, the gameplay started to pick up after the SSG trap and stopped dragging around for too long, the set piece encounters were well done and nicely challenging, the "scripted" one was very tricky, but fun to figure out.

The last arena was nice, despite being essentially a circle-strafing marathon.

The secrets were nicely hidden too, though I'm not keen on the rocket launcher one, seems like bad design to teleport into a horde of imps, even though you can kill them from a different angle, that's still something you should avoid in your maps.

CandlemassFDAjoe.zip