Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NoahRules

Chex Quest is getting a remake

That looks interesting. I've never gotten around to playing Chex Quest so this is likely a good excuse to finally get on that.

Six playable characters...?!

Get your hands off me Lucky Charms!

I'm kind of excited for this. I've heard great things about the original and its sequels, but haven't got around to playing them yet, so assuming my computer can run this okay, I'll be happy to give it a look. And its free! Just like old Chex Quest... though I guess you still had to buy the cereal.

Chex Quest HD has been in development for some time now (using UE4), but it going to Steam is news :)

22 minutes ago, Skeletonpatch said:

That looks interesting. I've never gotten around to playing Chex Quest so this is likely a good excuse to finally get on that.

Play Chex Quest 3 to start! :) It includes Chex 1 and 2. See the Wiki for more info.

Does the Chex cereal brand still exist?

edit: just looked it up at Wikipedia, seems still to exist.

@xvertigox Another channel, focused on business of various companies, has the video uploaded and unprivated. Can't remember where though.

2 hours ago, Scrabbs said:

why? It's basically perfect

It'll introduce a bunch of people to Chex Quest. Plus, it's cool to have more Chex content from Chuck.

3 hours ago, Scrabbs said:

why? It's basically perfect

Why not? BethesDoom got more people into DOOM, and it's only about time Chex Quest received the same treatment.

On 4/15/2020 at 10:56 AM, xvertigox said:

It's weird that the "Official History of Chex Quest" video is now private on YouTube.. It was up for almost a year. You can at least get some information here.

Found it here:

On 4/14/2020 at 8:53 PM, Redneckerz said:

Chex Quest HD has been in development for some time now (using UE4), but it going to Steam is news :)

Play Chex Quest 3 to start! :) It includes Chex 1 and 2. See the Wiki for more info.

Does anyone have a copy of the GZDoom compatible version of Chex Quest 3? I tried to follow the link from the wiki and the Chex Quest Forums [Chexworld?!] but the stupid website won't download the file for me at all for some reason.

27 minutes ago, 666shooter said:

Does anyone have a copy of the GZDoom compatible version of Chex Quest 3? I tried to follow the link from the wiki and the Chex Quest Forums [Chexworld?!] but the stupid website won't download the file for me at all for some reason.

I assume you are referring to this. The Box link referenced in that thread actually does work still, but it kicks out in Firefox atleast.

If this is the one you need i can always re-host it myself.

If you were referring to the official release, follow Graf's post :)

10 minutes ago, Graf Zahl said:

This works fine for me: http://www.chucktropolis.com/downloads/ChexQuest3.zip

What kind of error do you get?

FWIW at the time that i updated the article the Chucktropolis site was dead. Seems it is now restored again.

The link you provided is of the official ZDoom based Chex3.exe. A semi-official executable exists by the creator of CQ3 icon. That one is based on GZDoom, albeit an outdated one (1.4.0). It is however more modern than the official Chex3.exe though and it does contain some subtle differences.

25 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

I assume you are referring to this. The Box link referenced in that thread actually does work still, but it kicks out in Firefox atleast.

If this is the one you need i can always re-host it myself.

If you were referring to the official release, follow Graf's post :)

FWIW at the time that i updated the article the Chucktropolis site was dead. Seems it is now restored again.

The link you provided is of the official ZDoom based Chex3.exe. A semi-official executable exists by the creator of CQ3 icon. That one is based on GZDoom, albeit an outdated one (1.4.0). It is however more modern than the official Chex3.exe though and it does contain some subtle differences.

It was the kickout error actually, thanks. I downloaded the one from Graf. Thanks guys! Three games in one is quite a deal nowdays.

26 minutes ago, 666shooter said:

It was the kickout error actually, thanks. I downloaded the one from Graf. Thanks guys! Three games in one is quite a deal nowdays.

That's the official one. If you want OpenGL rendering, use the Box one (It is based on a less outdated ZDoom revision, too) or use GZDoom since Chex Quest is natively supported either way :)

This looks pretty interesting.

On 4/15/2020 at 5:12 AM, Tetzlaff said:

Does the Chex cereal brand still exist?

edit: just looked it up at Wikipedia, seems still to exist.

I bought a box of Chex last year and I found it to be bland as hell.

4 minutes ago, Doom_Dude said:

This looks pretty interesting.

I bought a box of Chex last year and I found it to be bland as hell.

That's because those bowls of fruit power ups are Serving Suggestions.

Played a bit of the remake. Its not bad, it has fresh interpretations of the classics levels, and somewhat modernizes it a bit by advertising Chex Mix instead of the cereal (because lets be honest, who actually ate the cereal plain instead of making or buying the mix?).

I'm more partial to the crispy pixel look of the original, but I'm curious to see how it plays. This is the kind of corporate pandering I can definitely get behind.

On 4/16/2020 at 3:39 AM, Mr. Freeze said:

ZORCH AND SPOON, UNTIL IT IS DONE

Oh yeah! Didn't know that this was already out.

Gonna Zorch and Spoon, until its mix!

EDIT: F**K 64-bits!

Is now available on Steam. The animations are a little stiff, the sfx is literally from the original and the map layouts are drastically changed from the original.

Edit: Oops I didn't notice some of the previous comments.

9 minutes ago, MadGuy said:

Oops I didn't notice some of the previous comments.

LoL. happens to all of us. :)

I just finished the game (it's short, 35min or so) but I didn't unlock any of the other characters. Anyone know how to unlock them?

3 hours ago, xvertigox said:

I just finished the game (it's short, 35min or so) but I didn't unlock any of the other characters. Anyone know how to unlock them?

You gotta use codes that are supposed to be on new packs of Chex and Chex Mix to get em.