Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

MP3s in ZDoom?

I know, this is a very dumb question but I haven't been here for months now and my Doom knowledge is very bad these days. Nevertheless, TNT2 is under production and for this I need some information: Is there a chance to get MP3s working under ZDoom?!

You just need to insert them into your Doom wad using Wintex or XWE, making sure that the song filename matches the name of the coresponding doom music filename...

Someone else explain, I sucky at these things

I've heard several people mentioning that 3darchives will not accept WAD files with MP3's in them. What is this assumption based on? Here is just one file, posted from in the /NewStuff Chronicles just a few weeks ago ( http://www.doomworld.com/php/topstory.php?id=1675 ). Open up the WAD with your favourite WAD Editor, and voila, there sits a 1.6MB MP3 file named D_RUNNIN (the second D_RUNNIN, the first one is a zero-sized entry, which is just junk).

ftp://3darchives.in-span.net/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/deathmatch/g-i/greenhouse.zip

You can all download it from 3darchives. This WAD file also has lots of unused entries (graphics), wasting space. The map has HOM errors and lots of unused sidedefs and sectors.

Hyena even mentioned right in the /NewStuff Chronicles that the music is MP3. Still, it's on 3darchives. I'm sure there are more.

Csabo said:

I've heard several people mentioning that 3darchives will not accept WAD files with MP3's in them. What is this assumption based on?

It's based on the README.INCOMING file in the /pub/idgames/ folder.

I've read it. This must mean that they are not enforcing that 'rule' - maybe they would only have a problem if the MP3 is copyrighted? Still, the statement that "3D archives don't accept MP3s" is obviously false.

I have heard that .OGGs are better than .MP3s anyway so if someone cares to they will probably give you a short-cut to a program that can convert .MP3s into .OGGs. Something like CDex or MPTRACK. CDex works great for me but I cant remember where I got it. Sorry. :)

I have seen (or rather heard) several wads 3darchives from with mp3's in them.

I think they only check really large wads for mp3's.