Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WowozuelaSpammer

How to remove pistol start?

If you want to give player all the weapon (Or some of it) why not just put them next to the start? Or even drag them all on top of the start?

Just now, ViolentBeetle said:

If you want to give player all the weapon (Or some of it) why not just put them next to the start? Or even drag them all on top of the start?

I want the opposite, i want the player to only have the fists

I actually had to figure this out for a project of mine a few weeks ago. Check out this link for reference: https://zdoom.org/wiki/ClearInventory

And also this:

After a bit of trial and error I ended up with this script that seems to work exactly as needed (for me anyhow):

script 1 ENTER
{
    ClearInventory();
    GiveInventory("Fist", 1);
    SetWeapon("Fist");
}

If you can't use scripts, you can do this with DeHacked by simply setting "Starting bullet ammo" to 0. However, the player will still pull the pistol up, and will have to manually change to the fists.

When you're done, simply save the file with the name "dehacked" and in .deh format, then open your wad in Slade and drag and drop your dehacked file into it.

Program used is WhackEd4

image.png.8bbc13784a5ce0101172566536e80135.png

5 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Make the player shoot 50 switches before the actual map. I know this is not funny. Oops.

this is the best/ToD approach

On 4/17/2020 at 11:32 AM, nervewar said:

I actually had to figure this out for a project of mine a few weeks ago. Check out this link for reference: https://zdoom.org/wiki/ClearInventory

And also this:

After a bit of trial and error I ended up with this script that seems to work exactly as needed (for me anyhow):

script 1 ENTER
{
    ClearInventory();
    GiveInventory("Fist", 1);
    SetWeapon("Fist");
}

Thank you for this! worked instantly!