Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Steve88

"Friday Speed Mapping" V1.0 Available TODAY :)

@Clippy

Oh. I was so pre-occupied with punishing players who would just run through the enemies that I didn't think of anything to hint that

Spoiler

you need to go back to the black building after going through fake exit.

I have slightly modified the map to add an arch-vile to help player notice the exit and moved a room around a bit to make sure arch-vile would fit. I'm not deleting old map for posterity.

B3_wr_02.rar

Edited by ViolentBeetle

UPDATED 4/21 - Difficulties Added, other balancing, texture alignments

Well here's the map i whipped up. I guess its a speedmap in a sense it was done in 3 days, there is probably around 18 hrs of work into this map.

I have yet to finish testing it for balance but it should be complete-able. I am sure it's full of bugs, and other issues so any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I occasionally get a weird render issues in GZdoom, where a section of the floor can be seen through, it only appears sometimes.

Title: Valley of the Damned

Difficulty levels: yes

Port: UDMF Compatible, tested in GZdoom
Music: Darkness Calls - James Paddock

Additional Textures: Patchtex

Multiplayer: Co-Op Starts added, lock-ins should be co-op compatible

Jumping is allowed, though it "should" be do-able without

Zip Below includes Map and Textures Required

ValleyofTheDamned1.21.zip

Screenshot below, sorry i am not certain how to set it to be hidden.

sc2.png.5e97b3c77f6633bf84ef105d6d31fb2a.png

Edited by Steve88

I've made a very short map, but nothing is completed so far... Maybe this noon / evening? Otherwise, I'll finish it standalone.

Quite the map bro. Too much for me to handle but I think would be great for co op

@Clippy

I enjoyed the play through. I'm sorry it was bit overwhelming haha.

I think it would be good in co-op or for those people that like hard wads. I'll need to implement difficulty levels :P

Thanks for the feedback as far as finding missing textures i have not had enough time to fully play test it myself.

Here's the wad, finally!

etrn06.png.a40cfca24da8dbc88cbf2232ae2e8e4a.png

uuuu.zip

Title: tsu-ba-sa

Port: Eternity Engine

Build time: 1 hour and half diluted in 4 days. Damn.

Music: ONEDOWN by yakfak

Sky by Eradrop

My first map for eternity engine! Wee!

Nothing, I guess... To me works properly, what happen to you with the sky? I'm using eternity engine 4.0.0 and everything works good.

BTW, the map can work with other engines too (tried with gzdoom 3.7.2, I suggest you to play only with zdoom derivative ports), it works fine but skip few lines that aren't important to the gameplay (some slopes and a wind effect in the outdoor section).

I think i am going to start putting the levels together into a single wad this weekend, so if anyone plans on any more updates please get them in :)

Oh, you missed the version with arch-vile being hidden in the true exit room as well. But not much of a problem. I was considering various possible ways to improve it but haven't quite thought of anything beside that.

Thanks again for making this thread. You inspired me to map again

I have been busy with a new project. Will make a thread on it later

Post to let everyone know a compiled version of the wad is up in the original post, if you notice any errors please let me know :)

Here I play Map04 "Baal's Botique of Bowels" by @ViolentBeetle and Map05 - "Tribulation" by: @Obsidian

Two more fun and solid maps! 

Triubulation was very fun but fair warning to Obsidian however, I spend half of this video trying to get the bosses to infight, and subsequently end up dying a lot. Your fake exit also fooled me and I spend a good chunk of time lost not realizing I got fooled. Cheers to you on the good trick ;)