Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomBoi

Need Help With Dynamic Lighting in SLADE 3

How are you supposed to make lights that blink at random? I do not understand and none of the videos are helping.

In order to produce the Dynamic lights you see in a wad, firstly you need a DooM editor that can support UDMF format. Ultimate DooM Builder is typically the go-to style that people recommend.

Once you have made a new map in UDMF format (X in hexen format via GZDooM may work but I forget :l) create a sector and place in a player start.

Finally, create a second thing and scroll down to a section called "Dynamic Lights". Mess around with some of them and see which ones you like. Either way, you just made a dynamic light. :)

Also if this is to go with classic DooM's sector light effects, right click the sector and head over to properties. Then part-way down the box, you'll see a section called "Effects". click on the V on the button just to the right of the V and you can then select a sector effect. Choose a light blinking/flickering effect and bada-bing bada-boom! Blinking lights!

On 4/18/2020 at 10:12 AM, DynamiteKaitorn said:

In order to produce the Dynamic lights you see in a wad, firstly you need a DooM editor that can support UDMF format. Ultimate DooM Builder is typically the go-to style that people recommend.

Once you have made a new map in UDMF format (X in hexen format via GZDooM may work but I forget :l) create a sector and place in a player start.

Finally, create a second thing and scroll down to a section called "Dynamic Lights". Mess around with some of them and see which ones you like. Either way, you just made a dynamic light. :)

Also if this is to go with classic DooM's sector light effects, right click the sector and head over to properties. Then part-way down the box, you'll see a section called "Effects". click on the V on the button just to the right of the V and you can then select a sector effect. Choose a light blinking/flickering effect and bada-bing bada-boom! Blinking lights!

Thanks! This will help a lot. I just need to install Ultimate DOOM Builder.