Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FishingHoek

DECORATE not working in SLADE3?

Question

So I'm working on a doom wad and I'm making a custom decorate file to give different stats such as health, size, mass and speed along with a different starting weapon. And adding a jump function as according to other DECORATE files as reference. But I'll load it up with nothing having changed. Zdoom has acknowledged the file's existence, confirmed due to a bug I had before. What's doing wrong? The Game's in PWAD format, IDK if that contributes to anything.

And yes, that is King Dedede's face down there on the status bar.

image.png.471f804561b448f7afbcaa3f485d24d2.pngScreenshot_Doom_20200417_220700.png.3fd996a0e2a9e7b10c1b5ca5eaf0bbac.png

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, boris said:

You have to tell the game to actually use your new actor. See https://zdoom.org/wiki/Creating_new_player_classes

That's the method I used and described in another post.

While this worked for me once, GZDoom now tells me that there is No Player1 start.

Regardless of inheriting from DoomPlayer or PlayerPawn.

New_Player.7z

Edited by Kappes Buur

47 minutes ago, Kappes Buur said:

That's the method I used and described in another post.

While this worked for me once, GZDoom now tells me that there is no Player1 start.

Regardless of inheriting from DoomPlayer or PlayerPawn.

New_Player.7z

Are you sure that custom DoomEd nums are even supported for players? I'd assume they aren't (how'd you know which player is supposed to spawn at witch actor in a multiplayer game?). Inheriting directly from PlayerPawn seems to require the Player.DisplayName property. But as the Wiki says it's recommended to inherit from the subclass that's closest to what you want to replace.