Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lord Raffles

Screenshots of a new Wolfenstein TC I'm making (as promised)

Nice pics there Waffles (can I call you that?)

Uh oh, a page widening poste...

ravage said:

Nice pics there Waffles (can I call you that?)

Uh oh, a page widening poste...

Thank you - but how dare you call me Waffles... Lord Waffles is more appropriate methinks ;)

Ct_red_pants said:

Yummy. Very RtCW like. What are you planning to do for monsters/weapons?

I havn't come to that stage yet, but I really want them to be based more on RTCW than the original wolfenstein - I still have to think of a plot & story too (I kind of like the story of the Spear of Longinus, or "The Spear of Destiny" - perhaps make a improved version of that).

If anyone wants to help or contribute in anyway, then I'd welcome that.

ravage said:

This is set in the past, with fictional changes? IE, mutation experiments?

Yes, 1942.

It will either be set at Castle Wewelsburg (Himmler's 'SS Camelot'), or at Nuremberg Castle where the Spear was taken to shortly after the Nazis got hold of it after the union with Austria (Hitler first saw the spear at a meuseum in Vienna before WW1, and instantly became obsessed with it). Maybe the story could involve both castles, I just don't know yet since it is the early stages.

Ct_red_pants said:

Hmmm... have you ever played Medal of Honour: Underground on PSX per chance?

No, I havn't, sorry.

I must be heading to bed now, but I will be back tommorow.

See you all then - remember, any suggestions are welcome!

Nice screenshots- what port will this be based on, as I can't really tell much from those screenies?

I think you should keep it somewhat close to RTCW story, but not completely. Otherwise, people could just go play RTCW.

If you're going for a more single player-based TC, you should use EDGE or Vavoom, and I can give you some pointers with that(they both have GL modes, no worries).

Good luck- looks like it'll be fun.

Nick Perrin said:

Nice screenshots- what port will this be based on, as I can't really tell much from those screenies?

I looks like legacy. (look at the candle)

Cool textures indeed! If my parents caught me making stuff like that they`d probably freak out thinking I`d joined the skinheads...

Be careful not to become obsessed with swastikas and Hitler images; you`d might turn into a neo-nazi!

PS: do you have a webpage for your project?

m0l0t0v said:

PS: do you have a webpage for your project?

Not yet - may do later.

Nick Perrin said:

If you're going for a more single player-based TC, you should use EDGE or Vavoom, and I can give you some pointers with that(they both have GL modes, no worries).

That would be much appriciated, thank you.

If you want it to have tons of new weapons, trust me, EDGE and Vavoom (EDGE preferably) are your best bets. In EDGE you can give weapons alternate attacks, give them reloading animations and a bunch of cool shit.

BigBadGangsta said:

If you want it to have tons of new weapons, trust me, EDGE and Vavoom (EDGE preferably) are your best bets. In EDGE you can give weapons alternate attacks, give them reloading animations and a bunch of cool shit.

I have never looked much into ports (I mainly make flats and floors), so I am rather cluless. I will look into that, thanks.

BTW - I would like to get a team together of people who would like to help make this project. Just PM me if you want to help.

...very basic, but they are just to demonstrate some things i've come up with today:

Experimenting with big flags - perhaps for a great hall?

A political sign I quickly knocked up today.

Lord Raffles:
BTW - I would like to get a team together of people who would like to help make this project. Just PM me if you want to help.

1. make a site, from which people can read about (joining) the project and download wads described under 2 and 3;
2. make a demo wad with one or more maps, so people can see what their getting into;
3. make a wad which contains the new textures so members can use them.
4. don`t count on my help; I`m still learning how to use an editor...

Good luck!

m0l0t0v said:

1. make a site, from which people can read about (joining) the project and download wads described under 2 and 3;
2. make a demo wad with one or more maps, so people can see what their getting into;
3. make a wad which contains the new textures so members can use them.
4. don`t count on my help; I`m still learning how to use an editor...

Good luck!

I'll get a webpage together soon...

boris said:

Whoa! Nazi flags on a plain wall! NEATO!!!!1

Reminds me of my room...urmm...move along!