Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Good-Old

Questions regarding a resource wad I'm making

I would like to apologize for my shit quality English first.

So well, I suck at mapping and don't have too much imagination, but I wanted to contribute something - I'm not sure if anyone will find it helpful cause I am mostly doing it for myself, but I am also planning to release it - A wad with Realm667 resources. I won't judge anything - I'll just put as many resources as I can into different wads. Here's what I'm planning to do -

Arrange all the resources into different wads based on their category - monsters go to beastiary, weapons to armory, etc.

Use Decorate instead of ZScript so no one will have to change the MapInfo file.

So the questions are -

Do I have to make a .txt file for the resources? They usually don't come with .txt files, that's why I am asking.

Do I have to take permission from the authors?

56 minutes ago, Good-Old said:

Do I have to make a .txt file for the resources?

If you mean the .txt file for credits. Yes, you must.

1 hour ago, Doomenator said:

If you mean the .txt file for credits. Yes, you must.

Yes, I know I have to do the overall .txt file but I'm talking about making individual .txts for indiviual files.

20 minutes ago, Good-Old said:

Yes, I know I have to do the overall .txt file 

Instead of making .txt for each files, why not either

1. Combine the credits into one giant file
  2. Combine the credits according to category?

Either way, I think this is kind of pointless - unless this is for archiving purposes, people could always go to Realm667 and download its content there any time.

32 minutes ago, Good-Old said:

Yes, I know I have to do the overall .txt file but I'm talking about making individual .txts for indiviual files.

If a separate use is intended. But you can put overall credit list in each file.

5 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Either way, I think this is kind of pointless - unless this is for archiving purposes, people could always go to Realm667 and download its content there any time.

I know. I just did it cause I wanted to make some box rooms and put monsters in them for infighting. Infighting is fun as hell.

So if anybody who wants to do the same or load all the monsters at the same time for whatever reason, they can use this.

Thank you Doomenator and TheNoob_Gamer for the suggestion. I guess a huge text file is a whole lot better, it will save time.

Edited by Good-Old

Sorry for bumping, but while editing the wads I realized that there was a CREDITS lump in every wad I opened. Do I still need to make a a text file?

leave in-wad credits as is (obviously ;-), and make additional big credits.txt. this way people won't be forced to look inside wads to find credits, and you won't be forced to explain that "there are credits inside wads" again and again.