Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BigMemka

Ascension (Release, v 1.6) - by Big Memka and Shadowman

Damn, there's some downright stunning screenshots there! I love how seamlessly the skybox works with some of the environments, especially the one with the harbour. The gameplay doesn't really sound like my cup of tea, but I might just have to give this a shot :)

20 hours ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Damn, there's some downright stunning screenshots there! I love how seamlessly the skybox works with some of the environments, especially the one with the harbour. The gameplay doesn't really sound like my cup of tea, but I might just have to give this a shot :)

I didn't understand the expression about a Cup of tea. This is a wad or some kind of saying? ))

10 minutes ago, BigMemka said:

I didn't understand the expression about a Cup of tea. This is a wad or some kind of saying? ))

It means that it doesn´t appeal him, he is not interested in (this doesn´t mean that he hates it!).

20 minutes ago, BigMemka said:

I didn't understand the expression about a Cup of tea

It's a term to express an individual (or some people)'s polite disinterest in another's work (in this case, your mod) because it's not appealing enough to he/she (of course this doesn't mean he/she hates it and someone else might still like your mod)
Also, mod looks nice! Never thought Inquisitor IV (or a successor to Inquisitor III) would happen.

Very beautiful and inspiring environments! Everyone interested at RPGs even slightest should play this!

13 hours ago, Jaska said:

Very beautiful and inspiring environments! Everyone interested at RPGs even slightest should play this!

I can confirm this ^

I have not played too much so far, but from what I've seen 'til now this is pretty amazing and I always love one RPG mod on DooM/Hexen!

Some stuff I have to say for now is how doors feel like "3D models" but seem like textures when you see them from up closely (Open the first door you see upon taking control of your character, and it's like a mid-texture), it's actually a good illusion.

Also, when your character says something, it does not matter if your game is on Russian or English, the character still talks on Russian for some reason.

I do not know if I missed something, I changed it to English and it's the same, no problem with it cus I love Russian but still I'd like to play this fully on English (voicelines, the subtitles and all are completely fine)

Pardon for the double post but since I have played this for a considerable amount of hours I think it would be good to give my completely sincere feedback on this mod so far, note that currently I am on the second quest for Sandro's, after finding the young boy.

•The RPG element on this mod overall is pretty good and I am really amazed for all the work you guys have done, I must note though that the fact your XP never resets when you level up is something that does not really make me comfy and I prefer the traditional "Reach X amount of XP and start again from zero to level up" like most RPGs do, the method on the RPG is in my humble opinion kind of uncomfy.

•The Journal is good, yet it needs some more work on how the quest logs are handled — You should be informed with more detail on what you have to do, as many times I have gotten lost and found no way to progress easily, the fact there are no game guides (As in, the levels and all that) also complicates this more.

A good example of this is the Iron Bank quest, I know where it is thanks to the automap yet no citizen can help me at all and it just makes me feel lost.

•The weapons are very smooth on this, and I am very grateful for the work you have done with them, this is a "classic RPG" and there are no such mechanics like Parry or all that, like on Dark Souls, it would be cool to have such though, probably as skills. (A Strength 12+ combat spells that allows you to parry, and also some learnable skill that allows you to dodge/dodgeroll)

•I do not really like paying for upgrading my skills, I really prefer the traditional method of having 2 or more skill points per level up which you can easily allocate without having to go with people to get them upgraded, however I think this helps with the "Talk to NPCs and discover more stuff" — I also have not found any ability pool so far, and I do not know where I am supposed to find them.

•You guys have done an incredible work with the NPCs, they are all very great and makes the player feel more immersed on the world, and they can also help you in one or other way, many models are unique and the dialogue system is just something I myself would also love to do someday.

•Be careful how you balance the game too, as a mapper and ""game designer"" myself, some fights or areas can feel very complicated, no matter what you do.

A good example is the Hydra's Lair area, the Oriphidants are kiiiind of easy, but then you get thrown many of those Lizards everywhere and it just overwhelms you, though I feel shameful to say this I had to use cheats like resurrect and god to get past this.

Another example is the Hydra Boss Fight, I had to do it with god/give health just because the fight, despite very unique and having an interesting OST, was just... Not really challenging on the good sense, there was no HP items at all, ammo, and no matter if you took cover because you'd just end up dying one or another way.

I still had the Crossbow at this point (Playing as a Warrior with Elder Gun) so it made the matters harder, it would be good if you guys can tweak this.

•Quests such as the young kid's one are kind of "strange", he asks me to go into the middle of nowhere with no way to get there.

How am I supposed to go to this Quarry place if there is no key or way to get there? I will play and edit if I find the way to do this.

I will keep playing this so... Once again thank you for this amazing mod! The few issues here and there can be solved somehow!

Alright so, I am once again stuck on this Mod.

I do not know if someone has advanced as much as me on this thread, but I found this puzzle of the crypt's dude, the fourth riddle.

I am not sure what exactly I have to draw lol, the riddle does not make much sense and I tried to do a sun or a star, but not possible at all.

My game did not take screenshots of it for some reason, but the area is basically like a lot of pads with star signs on the ground, with pillars surrounding it.

Any hint? I do not want to noclip again like last time lol.

On 4/19/2020 at 7:29 AM, Guardsoul said:

It means that it doesn´t appeal him, he is not interested in (this doesn´t mean that he hates it!).

On 4/19/2020 at 7:37 AM, TheNoob_Gamer said:

It's a term to express an individual (or some people)'s polite disinterest in another's work (in this case, your mod) because it's not appealing enough to he/she (of course this doesn't mean he/she hates it and someone else might still like your mod)

In all fairness to RonnieJamesDiner, while they did say "the gameplay isn't really my cup of tea" (meaning "I generally don't enjoy this sort of gameplay"), they did say they might "give it a shot."

And, @BigMemka, I agree with everyone else. The visuals you've shown here are absolutely stunning.

Good afternoon. Thank you for your feedback. Yes, we are currently updating the mod. We fix visual and gameplay bugs. Adding locations and improving old locations. We may even add a new level. Unfortunately the terms are still limited by my laziness and my employment). 

Dear BigMemka, please be sure to have the .wad file with the Pk3 on the next update because I can't find my wad to play Ascension  (in my RAR archive)

Good afternoon, everyone. There was no news for a very long time, but work on the wad continued. We have released several updates. At the moment, the final version is 1.6. Have a nice game to everyone!