Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

What games do you like modding/mapping for?

Stupid question, don't you think?

Seriously, Doom is my #uno answer. However, I do like to work on some RPGs with RPGmaker 2000

And play SimCity2000, and heretic/hexen stuff occasionally.

Hexen, of course. I have been making maps for Heretic for a few years before that. Also, I made what was originally intended as a clan practice map for Quake Team Fortress. Instead, it became quite a popular map, and to this day, I still have no real idea why.

Ichor said:
I made what was originally intended as a clan practice map for Quake Team Fortress. Instead, it became quite a popular map, and to this day, I still have no real idea why.

And which map would that be?

Invade4a was the latest and probably the best of all of them. I would have done an invade5, but the files were lost, and I didn't bother making another one.

...Odd, I was thinking about this during school today...

Back to the subject, Doom is funner to mod. I'm just good at making my own graphics. Level editing, however, is not my strong point in modding. For me, I can make a new enemy with DDF and MSPAINT in about two hours if I'm really motivated. It takes an hour and a half to make a new weapon, also if I'm really motivated. If not, then it depends whether or not I don't feel lazy...

ravage said:

Stupid question, don't you think?

Seriously, Doom is my #uno answer. However, I do like to work on some RPGs with RPGmaker 2000

Heh, I remeber when I first found out about that little program. It was easy to use, but all the games I made really sucked, so I never released them...

Lizardcommando said:

Heh, I remeber when I first found out about that little program. It was easy to use, but all the games I made really sucked, so I never released them...

You want some good RPGs? Go to rpg2knet.com.

I've been to RPG2k.net before, downloaded some games, but IMO, they had the same cliched RPG crap you see in any sterotypical RPG. Fortunatley there are some that I enjoyed. (Final Fallacy was one of them I think, that was a fun game to play.)

Heh, RPG Maker 2000. I started making a game with that, but for some reason something was fux0red, so I couldnt be bothered with it any more :P

I like to map for Doom, Rott, Unreal, and Quake personally. Doom and Unreal probably take tops, though. Though I never released anything outside of Doom maps.

For me, Unreal just seems to damned easy...now, if only sheets could be made solid to where the player can stand on them. How do you do that, anyway? I want to make a PO'ed style level someday.

I know I can do this in Legacy, with the 3d floors, but it misses sloping.

Ok, getting off topic. Shutting up now.

doom, wolf3d, red alert, liero, quake 2, but i haven't done quake 2 for over a year. it uses SOG entities.

i used to do a lot of duke3d and warcraft 2 in my newbie mapping days. i was doing this really good map (not exactly the best in architecture, but gameplay was awesome), but a faulty linux installation made it disappear of the face of the earth. =\

it was the first good map that i made.

DOOM.

I don't make "mods" though, but I do add some graphics to my maps and like to tinker a bit with DeHackEd.

Quite obviously: Doom. But, I've been doing some co-operative maps for Warcraft2 and Starcraft as well, although you probably won't find them on the Internet.

Didn't I give those Warcraft2 maps to Chrozoron once..?

I once tried to make a map for half-life, but the editor drove me crazy (that was the first time ever I touched a map-making program).

Now I've learned how to make maps for Doom, after a hundred hours of trying to learn :) I haven't figured out yet how to add your own graphics to wads though.

ravage said:

I do like to work on some RPGs with RPGmaker 2000

I downloaded it just to see what it's all about. I was up all night building a map based on one the adventures in my as of yet untitled fantasy epic. I need to find some better sprites for orcs and other creatures, though, and there are some problems I've run in to. I have a new addiction.