Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DSC

If You Were To Live In A City Level, Which One Would It Be?

I personally wouldn't mind living in Odyssey Of Noises. What about you?

I would have to play a number of city levels from recent years to answer this question. I only can say that none of the Doom 2 city levels seem appealing.

Probably my own MAP16 from Doom Core. I really like the mountain view it has, and I'd like to stay in the building with the standing guitar.

XIgDaXu.png

1UZynoA.png

uusc8gd.png

1 minute ago, valkiriforce said:

Probably my own MAP16 from Doom Core. I really like the mountain view it has, and I'd like to stay in the building with the standing guitar.

XIgDaXu.png

1UZynoA.png

uusc8gd.png

Very nice! I am actually thinking about playing your Doom Core trilogy once I finish MM2.

Hands down MAP13. Nice architecture that looks real-life, a lot of interesting things and secrets. I wouldn't mind living there.

The Great Urban Battle = inside the brick building across the street from the subway entrance. With a vacation to Vile Flesh MAP29 or MAP30.

suburbs... i'd chill in the spawn room, and on the weekends i'd go to the nukage beach

Doom Center. I can see myself spending lotsa time walking around the big suburbs, as well as playing on the arcade.

If it didn't take place in Hell, Map04 of Counterattack. Mechadon sure knows how to make massive maps.

For actual Earth-based cities, Odyssey of Noises is fine. The house in the centre of Suburbs is cool (apparently modelled after Petersen's actual house, if I remember correctly?). There's also that city area in Trapped on Titan while looks cool as fuck.

I'd want to live in The Citadel for its quaint medieval charm, but with my luck I'd probably be stuck in Underhalls.

Special mentions to Alfonzone's first episode, Vanilla Sky, Lost Civilization, Brigandine, a few maps whose names I forgot but they looked really cool, and especially to Golden Souls 2's Port Paradise. And speaking of Paradise, special mansion to this little mod.

3 minutes ago, Gez said:

I'd want to live in The Citadel for its quaint medieval charm, but with my luck I'd probably be stuck in Underhalls.

Don't worry if you end up on that place, that brown building with all those shotgunners looks pretty comfortable!

I couldn't think of a single Doom level, IWAD or not, I'd want to live in. The only old game which has places I'd feel comfortable in would be Shadow Warrior.

The walls are so thin I can hear my neighbors groaning and hissing at all hours of the day and night. What are they doing in there?! The corner store is literally radioactive, and there are only so many recipes I can learn that use skulls and ash. None of the infrastructure has been maintained in years, either. I have to walk to work every morning because my car can't navigate around the molten lava pits in the middle of the road. How has no one patched these up yet?? 0/5 would NOT recommend living in Romero Tenements

Going Down had nice city views. I guess, I could live here, so clean and so high. 

Doom is inhospitable. I'd go for Duke 3D e3l7, even though the rooms are small, there's a pool and lots of other places to hang out.

or wait a minute: batman doom or hellcore 2 had some nice places.

edit: hellcore 2 had better be nice to live in, as it plays like cr**

Edited by Uncle 80

I'd probably live in Doxylamine Moon from Sacrament. It's a quaint little Eastern European city, if you take away the fact that the Rapture just happened and the area just outside the city looks like a volcanic hellhole.