Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MAN_WITH_GUN

[Doom 2] Vault of the Dead - Simple speedmap in 4 hours.

It's a really good map, hard but enjoyable.

It throws you many enemies, but it's still fair.

I couldn't complete it with 100% kills, instead, i completed it in 80% kills.

A really good map for people that like fair challenges

2 hours ago, TheStupidestBeing said:

It's a really good map, hard but enjoyable.

It throws you many enemies, but it's still fair.

I couldn't complete it with 100% kills, instead, i completed it in 80% kills.

A really good map for people that like fair challenges

Good to see that someone like my poor speedmap, thanks. Hope it's will be better next time.

Made in only 4 hours? Wow, impressive!
The map looks really good, lots of details and coherent design. On UV I almost couldn't make it, but that Archvile threw me into the exit, haha!

11 hours ago, Loomis said:

Made in only 4 hours? Wow, impressive!
The map looks really good, lots of details and coherent design. On UV I almost couldn't make it, but that Archvile threw me into the exit, haha!

Thanks, glad you like that one 👌

10 hours ago, NoisyVelvet said:

Solid little map with a lot of detail.

Here's an FDA. noisy_VOD_fda.zip

Also, I'd recommend trying to strip the unused texture resources from the .wad. 

It doesn't have to be a 8 MB large file.

Found all the secrets, excellent work! 

Yeah, I was thinking about it, but was too lazy to do that. :v

Surprise! I played your map! Good times - I played it twice even

A nice challenge, didn't find it as hard as your other outings - but a fair difficult little map - in fact a perfect Man With Gun introduction map - it's just a fun short and sweet

Yes, I enjoyed this one too. Like Bio and Clippy said, this is a very good map despite it was made in only 4 hours. Challenging, especially beating it in UV and without saves like I did. 2 wins and 6 deaths but I started this in UV though. Nice one, 10/10

Oh and I was curious of how one can get to the secret containing the soulsphere, I assume you have to perform an arch-vile jump?

1 hour ago, Omniplex said:

Yes, I enjoyed this one too. Like Bio and Clippy said, this is a very good map despite it was made in only 4 hours. Challenging, especially beating it in UV and without saves like I did. 2 wins and 6 deaths but I started this in UV though. Nice one, 10/10

Oh and I was curious of how one can get to the secret containing the soulsphere, I assume you have to perform an arch-vile jump?

Well thank you for playing as well, good to see more feedback even if I posted this speedmap a while ago :v

The Soulsphere you can get by pressing the wall texture behind the teleport itself. (Or just use @Clippy's footage to see how it works anyway ☝) 

Oh wow, on my notes I have listed a lot of ways of how one uses secrets, and I haven't even listed this one haha!

Okay, I have just retried this awesome map and managed to get full percentage on both Kills and Secrets on UV in 4:25, thanks for pointing that out @MAN_WITH_GUN. Well you were right about this map that can be completed in 5 minutes or so, looking forward for more maps from you :)

4 hours ago, MAN_WITH_GUN said:

Yo thx for playing my old crappy stuff 👍

Dont be that humble buddy, you have a really good taste detailing maps.

1 hour ago, Omniplex said:

Oh wow, on my notes I have listed a lot of ways of how one uses secrets, and I haven't even listed this one haha!

Okay, I have just retried this awesome map and managed to get full percentage on both Kills and Secrets on UV in 4:25, thanks for pointing that out @MAN_WITH_GUN. Well you were right about this map that can be completed in 5 minutes or so, looking forward for more maps from you :)

Tnx for replaying! I still think that I could make more stuff in this time, just not fast as I want to and don't have enough knowledge for using helpful tools to save the time for speedmapping.