Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HaYtReZ

Doom on Earth (had no name for the wad)

I'm new to posting maps and a friend of mine told me to post so here i am.

DOOM ON EARTH

It's a wad where its for maps, there isn't new weapons, but just maps.

To play the WAD you need:
Freelook

Jumping and Crouching (VERY NEEDED)

Hardware rendering

GZDoom (might work with ZDoom, not tested.)

Doom II Wad (IMPORTANT, WITHOUT DOOM II IT WONT WORK)

What the WAD has:

MAP01 By HaYtReZ (Works with multiplayer perfectly! just share with your friends medikits and weapons)

MAP02 By HaYtReZ

MAP04 By HaYtReZ

MAP05 By HaYtReZ

MAP06 By HaYtReZ

MAP07 By HaYtReZ

MAP08 By HaYtReZ

MAP10 By HaYtReZ

MAP11 By HaYtReZ

SEC1 By HaYtReZ

SEC2 By HaYtReZ

Yes, I made all of the maps ALL BY MY SELF.

The wad supports Multiplayer and Deathmatch.

Deathmatch doesn't work on all maps, and if there is any monsters in Deathmatch, they are supposed to be there.

Also the WAD Can be used for Sandbox, but I recommend story.

Screenshots:

4fdHRU.jpg

kSCL2i.jpg

doe_s1.rar

There's quite a few big issues I have with this wad.

For one, there's a LOT of mis-alligned textures that is really hard to overlook. (even the screenshots you posted show them fairly easily). It's one thing to accidentally miss them but it's another when you either try to ignore it or pass it off as a "design".

2, why is the music so eerie for maps that are fairly lit? The music would fit better in something like DooM 3 or episode 4 of UD. These maps seem more lighthearted in tone and this kinda confused me...

3, (rather fitting actually XD) Why is there no MAP03? You simply titled it "go to dev console and type "map map04"". That's very lazy design. You said this was tested in GZDooM so you can create a MAPINFO and define maps that way so you can cut out MAP03 if you wanted to. (If it's just for the song, copy Map 4's theme and rename it D_COUNTD).

1. Yeeeah i was kinda lazy when editing the maps and i miss alot of them, i sometimes wouldn't even fix them FOREVER.

3. Well when i was editing for some reason MAP03 just got out, maybe i deleted it accidentaly, also it kinda fits because you can lose all of your weapons, i did that after MAP08 because i didnt (and still dont) know how to script in GZDOOM Builder, and when i try some of the scripts, they still wont work and don't know why.