Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question

5 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Zeddy Ryan said:

I'm setting up my GZDoom for playtesting and screenshotting the maps I'm working on. Right now I want to bind a key that activates a "screenshot mode", by which I really mean the following: I want a single key to turn OFF clipping and targeting and drawing player sprites, and I want a different key to turn those same things back ON. I already know how to make one key do multiple commands, but the problem is that the commands for clipping and targeting are toggle based and I don't want that. Sometimes I have different combinations of these settings on or off, and I want one key that is guaranteed to set all of these things to correct setting regardless of what they might already be set to.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I use this for screenshots

bind h "wait 2; r_drawplayersprites 0; wait 2; screenshot; wait 2; r_drawplayersprites 1;"

works like a charm.

Do you mean the "IDCLIP" cheat? If so, I know in the console you have to type "noclip" to activate/deactivate it.

You might could try using aliases. Basically, you bind a key to the alias which executes a series of commands and then at the end you could make it bind the same key to another alias to revert it all, then rebind the first alias.

I did something like this to create a zoom mode for Chaingun sniping. It changes the FOV to be very small and reduce aim sensitivity and finally bind that same key to revert both and rebind to the zoom.

Check out aliases and see if that works for you.

Edit: I think I get what you are saying now. You could possibly have noclip on already and pressing a bind would turn it off but turn all the other things on. Unfortunately I don't think such a command exists to set something like noclip instead of toggle.

Personally what I do when mapping is I have tons of buttons bound to different things.

A = all weapons/ammo

N = noclip

G = god mode

Etc.

Edited by Nevander