Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darkstalker

New Lightwave image (remade)

Yesterday since I had no school, I decided to make a new image with Lightwave to test the reflectivity. The result was somewhat better than expected. Kinda big for a .jpg image (around 700ko) so if you have a slow connection and really want to check it out it might take a while. Get it
here.

EDIT : Just to be sure the filesize is ok as long as it's in a URL tag. The limit is only for IMG tag right ?

Very sweet picture man. I really like it. I mean, I might have to put it up as a background. I don't know how hard stuff like that is with whatever program you use, but I think it's actually very doomish. It gives me something of an episode 2 feel. Anyway, keep up the good work.

sweet. I can just imagine some barons, cacos, and arch-viles trying to do in our faithful hero in that environment.

It's nice to see some people like it.

BTW, I didn't really like that image because of the ambiant light being too high and the shadows seems a bit off.

I've remade the image today. I added torches with fire (which took plenty of time), changed the floor a bit, reflection, lights and added volumetric lighting to the evil sphere. That damn thing took 5 hours to render on my 800mhz, 384mo rams compare to an hour on the other image. I prefer my new one anyway cause it gives more of an E3ish feel to it.

Here is the new one. Which do you prefer ? Are there things that I'm missing ? Feel free to comment it.

I actually Can't pick a favourite, they are both really well done. However, the second one seems to be more 'Hellish' or 'demonic' if you will, the red atmosphere and the torches gives it that extra kick of evil, I love it!!

Darkstalker said:

I've remade the image today. I added torches with fire (which took plenty of time), changed the floor a bit, reflection, lights and added volumetric lighting to the evil sphere. That damn thing took 5 hours to render on my 800mhz, 384mo rams compare to an hour on the other image. I prefer my new one anyway cause it gives more of an E3ish feel to it.

Here is the new one. Which do you prefer ? Are there things that I'm missing ? Feel free to comment it.

Well, both images look good, but in the second one I don't think that the torches give near enough light.

Hmm, Darkstalker, I can't load the second image.

ah nevermind, got it working now. Man, that's an awesome picture. It looks a hell of a lot better than the first image too. Keep up the good work mate :D

Very nice; i think you've just given me inspiration for a new room on one of the underworld maps.
It looks a little undefined in places; is there any way to add a fog/haze, so that things in the background seem less defined? It would help with making things in the foreground stand out more.

Thx for the feedback, really appreciated.

dsm : I'll adjust the fire so it makes more light thx.
Spike : The last time I added fog to an image the result wasn't very good. But I could spend a bit of time testing it. I'll try adding some.

Since my computer has the "Random freeze" option turned on, it will have to wait until I have another 5-6 hours of free time so I can stay near my computer when it renders.