Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Impie

The Cronus Camp for Wayward Boys - Stealth Horror Game 1.0

Having played only Strange Aeons, Project Einherjar and a bit of Realms Of Dr. Chaos I'm not as familiar with your projects as I perhaps should have, yet I'm absolutely in awe at the consistency of your output. From Midgard Outlaw to Robocop Doom, from Operation Sea Wolf to Splatterhouse 3D, new ideas seem to just come your way, with each project looking at the very least interesting to try. Keep it up! Great stuff!

As usual, you rock ! Your mod seems technically impressive !

I like the level design, too. The head moving monsters look terrifying and you worked a lot on sound design !

Im' not into sneaky-sneaky things, because I'm such a bad player ... :)

But your "sneak" gestion is so good ! Enemies don't see you while you're in the shadows ...

This is going to be a masterpiece, for sure !

1 minute ago, TontonMayonnaise said:

As usual, you rock ! Your mod seems technically impressive !

I like the level design, too. The head moving monsters look terrifying and you worked a lot on sound design !

Im' not into sneaky-sneaky things, because I'm such a bad player ... :)

But your "sneak" gestion is so good ! Enemies don't see you while you're in the shadows ...

This is going to be a masterpiece, for sure !

Josh771 did all the stealth engine stuff, so i can't take credit for that. I couldn't make heads or tails of how to make a stealth system work in doom, so I built it off of Sneaky Doom.

Thanks for the words of encouragement! Hoping it's consistently cool from start to finish. Stealth games seem to shit the bed halfway through.

It could cool to have access to a "making-of", too ... How did you create the monsters ? did you do some sketch ? how did you the sounds ? Are there references to the pop culture in your mod etc ... ya know ? :D

2 minutes ago, TontonMayonnaise said:

It could cool to have access to a "making-of", too ... How did you create the monsters ? did you do some sketch ? how did you the sounds ? Are there references to the pop culture in your mod etc ... ya know ? :D

So ages ago I made this creepy stealth game that was kinda broken, and this is a doom remake of it.the monsters are sprite art frankensteins like most of my sprites. The faces for these jitterheads are especially scary since I decided to go with hi-res detailed sprites and added a motion blur, where you can just make out a horrible angry face in there.

The Jitterheads' sounds are a mix of distorted hyena braying and a woman shouting threats or pleading for her life, distorted and reversed. The result ended up sounding like they were all coming from the same fucked up chick, which was awesome.

Fixed a couple errors that were pointed out to me. I think. Mostly nonexistent scripts being called.

Added a fun new monster to the later levels of the demo. Also fixed the monster code so they aren't so easily stunned when unaware.

EDIT 2: CRAP, forgot the actual code for it. This is what I get for juggling two versions at once. Will fix in sixty seconds.

I love your work. I can't wait to see this when it's done. Enjoy my cheesy video of the first map lol.

Haven't heard any more feedback, so I'm releasing version 1.0 and calling it a day. Have fun getting the pants scared off you, guys and gals.

I'm here just thinking if we have someway to make the Actor Doomguy little or if you just make all the map bigger. 

2 hours ago, arnaldocsf said:

I'm here just thinking if we have someway to make the Actor Doomguy little or if you just make all the map bigger. 

A bit of both. i think i left him at Doomguy height because Doomguy is already pretty dumpy.

But you CAN change the player's view height in Decorate so he seems taller or shorter.

5 hours ago, Impie said:

A bit of both. i think i left him at Doomguy height because Doomguy is already pretty dumpy.

But you CAN change the player's view height in Decorate so he seems taller or shorter.

That's something I didn't know. Thank you, my friend. 

And yes, I will try your mod asap! 

This kind of gameplay really gives me the willies. I had to choose medium difficulty. Another fine TC.

Posted an update! The washer fires an actual projectile now and is a bit less glitchy I think. Doesn't seem to freeze the game when you throw it at barrels now at least.

Also the Pigs' first appearance was changed so it's a lot less cool unfortunately. The way I had it set up was impossible to pull off without glitching the monsters into perma-chase mode.

Also the Banished map doesn't force you to run from a Jitterhead in the beginning now. I think. Unless other glitches pop up I'm not aware of.

Wow, an intro sequence parodying what chuds think feminism is. What an "original" "joke".

Imagine still being an MRA in the year 2020.

Awesome TC! Really loved the design and the enemies. The Stealth engine is also great! This from a personal opinion is a Must Try!

17 hours ago, Solarn said:

Wow, an intro sequence parodying what chuds think feminism is. What an "original" "joke".

Imagine still believing feminism is about equality in 2020.

Thanks for sharing. Now take your bile and your trilby back to twitter.

10 hours ago, Robot J said:

Awesome TC! Really loved the design and the enemies. The Stealth engine is also great! This from a personal opinion is a Must Try!

Thanks RBJ! I can't take credit for the stealth engine. That was made by Josh771 for Sneaky Doom, and I'm not sure if he's still working on it or not.

I just finished MAP10. This is quite funny, weird and yes a little bit scary total conversion. Levels are small or midsize and have good progression. I didn't really get stuck at any time (at least not yet, I'm on MAP11 now). Visually it reminds me of an 80's Stephen King televised novel.

Some feedback:

Misaligned texture in MAP04:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200731_173508.png_compressed.jpg.f0b0c4fa3ae430930186634c036091df.jpg

I'm having hard time hitting the rats. Especially with the kick. You have to be very precise.

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200731_224014.png_compressed.jpg.7ac42556049599eb2f6c88f6db98bf28.jpg

It was rather tedious to find out what some of the switches did in MAP09(?). I mean those switches next to the security camera screens. Hit the switch, scroll through all the cameras, wait... was that barrier open before, no wait it was the other camera.. hmm... which switch did I press again?

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200731_225009.png_compressed.jpg.5423e4f3c505c71fddddfab264f12af0.jpg

I was not able to get up from these pits on MAP10 (also the player does not die in them):

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200801_140343.png_compressed.jpg.4d1cb7b87699eae470d2691c93aab29b.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20200801_140303.png_compressed.jpg.e2a988f50c5715b30a3c3ddbcb456782.jpg

I'm not sure if I fully understand the guns. Some of them just stun the enemies which later recover and start hunting the player again? After the first few levels they seem rather useless but are still laying around in every level. Maybe I just don't know how to utilize them properly? I'm almost completely using the shotgun and use the fire extinguisher against rats.

Those are my suggestions and thoughts after ten levels. Now if you'll excuse me I have some pigs to slaughter.

On 7/31/2020 at 6:12 AM, Solarn said:

I guess that explains why all the female voices had to be done with text-to-speech programs...

31 minutes ago, plums said:

I guess that explains why all the female voices had to be done with text-to-speech programs...

All the voices (male, female) were generated with text-to-speech engine. Only explanation I can think of is that the author was too lazy to pay someone on Fiverr ;)

On 8/1/2020 at 9:02 AM, SP_FACE1 said:

All the voices (male, female) were generated with text-to-speech engine. Only explanation I can think of is that the author was too lazy to pay someone on Fiverr ;)

On 8/1/2020 at 8:25 AM, plums said:

I don't use Fiver partly cos I have better uses for my money and partly cos I hear a lot of stories about unprofessionalism and bad quality there. If I had a dev team making an original game with 100% new assets, I'd shell out for voice actors, too, if I could find any that aren't as insufferably woke as some of my new fans here.

Also the text-to-speech voices has the added benefit of making the adults sound off-kilter in general.

Also thanks for the detailed feedback on this and that, SP_Face! Those air vents are a texture alignment nightmare Dx and I'm sure there are still plenty others. As for the pits, the mod is supposed to have falling damage enabled, so if you fall into those deep pits it should kill you. Most of the time. the RDM seems to be weirder than usual in this mod.