Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LateNightPerson

ARMAGEDDOOM - My first WAD

Hello there! I made a (rather generic) 32-level singleplayer megawad for Doom 2. It's made for GZDoom with hardware-rendered visuals. Freelook is recommended. Jumping/crouching is necessary. The main gimmick is that the WAD uses music from various Sega Genesis games (Contra Hard Corps, Streets of Rage 2, Mortal Kombat 3, etc.). I hope you enjoy!

LINK HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ofsb2b5ov62wn54/Armageddoom_V1.2.wad/file

But why version 1.2?

Version 1.0 - More-or-less a "final beta". Many graphica issues. Over 770 megabytes (don't ask why)

Version 1.1 - Fixed most graphical issues. Didn't fix the size issue.

Version 1.2 - Compressed the file size from over 770 to 70 megs. Fixed a couple more graphical issues.

I'll likely keep updating the WAD in the future.

(Not to be confused with ArmageDoom)

Screenshot_Doom_20200421_192640.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200421_192539.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200421_192346.png

Edited by LateNightPerson : added something new

Sorry to bust in with this, but the name of your wad is awfully close to ArmageDoom.

Also, may I inquire as to the reason why the wad was over 700MB prior?

I played through a couple of levels so far and here are some observations:

At the doors you didn't use DOORTRAK and sometimes the textures aren't lower unpegged

Screenshot_Doom_20200422_122118.png.904c967d6e30d39d7beccc0644bda3c5.png

Falling down from this tower is unforgiving, maybe you could provide some way out of the nukage, would be less frustrating:

Screenshot_Doom_20200422_121849.png.35a0ed2986a85425810ff8f3c10a1572.png

There are some strange texture choices, like using a platform texture (PLAT1) as a door in map03...

Overall I was a little bit irritated that many areas are built like areas of original Doom 1 maps. So is this whole project meant as a loose rebuild of Doom 1 levels for Doom 2?

The first 3 levels are more or less clones of their Doom 1 counterparts. The city and space levels are inspired by Duke Nukem 3D. One hell level is a clone of Attack from Master levels.

I played the Baseball level. It is nicely done, though didn't have enough ammo for the Cyberdemons.

So I did a pacifist run the second time and beat the map without a single shot fired.