Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Error-404

any legal way to aquire console specific levels for PC?

Recommended Posts

I'm interested in trying out the Xbox specific maps, but I don't want to go pick up an og Xbox and track down a copy of Doom for it. Any legal way of getting it?

Share this post


Link to post

Sewers and Betray should be on idgames. Were just maps the authors of the port did back in the day. They're really not anything special, like at all.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Error-404 said:

I'm interested in trying out the Xbox specific maps, but I don't want to go pick up an og Xbox and track down a copy of Doom for it. Any legal way of getting it?

 

You can also check this:

http://classicdoom.com/xboxspec.htm

 

55 minutes ago, SteelPH said:

Sewers and Betray should be on idgames. Were just maps the authors of the port did back in the day. They're really not anything special, like at all.

Sewers is already in the idgames archives, three times in fact.

Betray however isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

You could buy a copy of DOOM 3: BFG Edition on Steam and then use the DOOM BFA source port to play Betray.  The level data is already contained within the DOOM II wad, the secret exit just isn't hooked up properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

there is a good "Console Doom Integration WADs" to add console doom levels to the base games

 

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36600

 

download from the link at the bottom of the page

 

xbox specific levels are included, but you ll need to play it with an uncensored or decensored version of doom for them to work correctly (as sewer include nazi enemies)

 

PS1 : I hope I didn t break any rule with my post

PS2 : excuse my english

 

Edited by StardustX : typo

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/25/2020 at 5:36 AM, StardustX said:

xbox specific levels are included, but you ll need to play it with an uncensored or decensored version of doom for them to work correctly (as sewer include nazi enemies)

Thanks for the info, but I'm American. The only advantage of that is that you get to blow Nazis to bits in video games.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Error-404 said:

Thanks for the info, but I'm American. The only advantage of that is that you get to blow Nazis to bits in video games.

 

lol

 

latest versions of the classic doom games are censored in every country, so if you use the wads included in BFG edition for exemple the level will not work as intended

 

if you use any version released before BFG edition it will be OK

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sure you've played them by now but the Xbox "exclusive" maps are less entertaining than wow.wad. The PSX Doom TC has the Playstation exclusives which are far more interesting additions to the family.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2020 at 11:00 PM, Error-404 said:

Thanks for the info, but I'm American. The only advantage of that is that you get to blow Nazis to bits in video games.

Last year, a German court struck the uncensored Doom 2 WAD (along with Wolfenstein 3D) from the list of de facto banned games. Bought it uncensored with my GOG account a month ago. Even the new Wolfenstein games are completely uncensored in Germany. Advantage gone ;-)

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×