Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CoyoteComrade

any legal way to aquire console specific levels for PC?

I'm interested in trying out the Xbox specific maps, but I don't want to go pick up an og Xbox and track down a copy of Doom for it. Any legal way of getting it?

Sewers and Betray should be on idgames. Were just maps the authors of the port did back in the day. They're really not anything special, like at all.

1 hour ago, Error-404 said:

I'm interested in trying out the Xbox specific maps, but I don't want to go pick up an og Xbox and track down a copy of Doom for it. Any legal way of getting it?

You can also check this:

http://classicdoom.com/xboxspec.htm

55 minutes ago, SteelPH said:

Sewers and Betray should be on idgames. Were just maps the authors of the port did back in the day. They're really not anything special, like at all.

Sewers is already in the idgames archives, three times in fact.

Betray however isn't.

You could buy a copy of DOOM 3: BFG Edition on Steam and then use the DOOM BFA source port to play Betray.  The level data is already contained within the DOOM II wad, the secret exit just isn't hooked up properly.

there is a good "Console Doom Integration WADs" to add console doom levels to the base games

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36600

download from the link at the bottom of the page

xbox specific levels are included, but you ll need to play it with an uncensored or decensored version of doom for them to work correctly (as sewer include nazi enemies)

PS1 : I hope I didn t break any rule with my post

PS2 : excuse my english

Edited by StardustX : typo

On 4/25/2020 at 5:36 AM, StardustX said:

xbox specific levels are included, but you ll need to play it with an uncensored or decensored version of doom for them to work correctly (as sewer include nazi enemies)

Thanks for the info, but I'm American. The only advantage of that is that you get to blow Nazis to bits in video games.

2 hours ago, Error-404 said:

Thanks for the info, but I'm American. The only advantage of that is that you get to blow Nazis to bits in video games.

lol

latest versions of the classic doom games are censored in every country, so if you use the wads included in BFG edition for exemple the level will not work as intended

if you use any version released before BFG edition it will be OK

I'm sure you've played them by now but the Xbox "exclusive" maps are less entertaining than wow.wad. The PSX Doom TC has the Playstation exclusives which are far more interesting additions to the family.

On 4/26/2020 at 11:00 PM, Error-404 said:

Last year, a German court struck the uncensored Doom 2 WAD (along with Wolfenstein 3D) from the list of de facto banned games. Bought it uncensored with my GOG account a month ago. Even the new Wolfenstein games are completely uncensored in Germany. Advantage gone ;-)

On 4/24/2020 at 2:01 AM, KainXavier said:

You could buy a copy of DOOM 3: BFG Edition on Steam and then use the DOOM BFA source port to play Betray.  The level data is already contained within the DOOM II wad, the secret exit just isn't hooked up properly.

The secret exit works if you play through GZ Doom instead of Steam. That fixes it somehow.