• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AirRaid

Loading Multiple WAD files

Yep, its.... wait for it.....

A DOOM RELATED TOPIC!!!!!

There haven't been many of these round here in a while.

Anyway, Is it possible to load more than one WAD file into ZDoom?? I think I read that is is somewhere, but using the
-file command twice doesn't seem to work.
I want to be able to view the level I'm making for freedoom with the freedoom textures, but it won't work. :(

Guest Fanatic

The -file command works the same for all DOOM engines.

-file [files seperated by spaces]

e.g.

zdoom -file file1.wad files\file2.wad e:\backup\file3.deh

etc.

Yes last I knew ZDoom was the most lenient of the ports in this regard, you don't have to use the -deh argument to load in .deh files.

You want to make it really easy? Just highlight all the files and drag them right onto zdoom.exe, they'll all load up... simple as that.

You could even make a shortcut to it on your Quick Launch bar so wherever your files are you could always just drag them right onto a shortcut easily. Could also be handy if you just want to be able to start ZDoom anytime you wanted.

There's a problem with dragging, deadnail. If you use several PWADs that share the same entry (with modified content) you could get into some trouble. This happened to me when raping Millenium's beta a little to make some crap work.

I dunno how you look or talk, Mac, but for me...you're already the caffeine-addicted, crazy fucked up talking archvile. And you have a rather low pitched voice too.

Well, SeargantZ, most people wouldn't just haphazardly drag a shitload of wads onto the executable. This would usually only come into play with projects split into multiple wads...

fradlvs.wad
fradmus.wad
fradtex.wad
fraddeh.deh

Thanks zaldron, how do you think the forums would function without me? Just curious... TIMMY@)(*$^((&&*%^*_*(*(*&

A forum can be interesting without someone pretending to be an imaginary retard.

Timmy? Where's Jimmy with those bitch sticks when ya need him?

"Pretending to be an imaginary retard"

Is it me or there's some redundance here? Besides, deadnail, of course...

I'm a very real retard you insolent whelp!

Wait, damn, walked right into that one. Curse you, you impudent whelk!

Wow Mac you keep getting more and more interesting to read. First the coffee related pissings (with the whole tranny scandal), then coffee related bombings, then just out and out homicides, then apparantly you broke your keyboard and only the FNERD key worked, and now you've graduated to being a complete retard.

I'm sure your parents are proud.

HERETICS! BLASTED COFFEE-PISSERS!!!! IT MAKETH NOTTETH OF MUCH SENSETH!!!!

Uh....FNORD!!!!!!

HERETICS! BLASTED COFFEE-PISSERS!!!! IT MAKETH NOTTETH OF MUCH SENSETH!!!!

Uh....FNORD!!!!!!

Well, if you didn't post we wouldn't think much of you either... but putting up stuff like this puts you in another weird area.

I would just stick with the snakeskin pants and the fourteen gold crosses just to get some Skittles©™.